ECHO CS2511T Mods

MFL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just picked up a new 2511 and would like to add some accessories but having issues locating a vendor with stock. My list:
1) 1/4" pitch bar & chain combo with necessary sprocket
2) Modded muffler or pickup a gutted muffler. It looks like Echo has and available gutted muffler on Ebay.
3) Bumber Spike
I would prefer to locate from a vendor that can do all to save on shipping but maybe it's not possible.
Any advise?

old saw fixer

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's the way things are now, plenty of room on the bench in the waiting room. Monkey Beaver may eventually get new stock in for the Panther 1/4 B&C sets. Saw Salvage at the top right of the page sometimes has echo bumper spikes and a non cat muffler. West Coast makes a nice bumper spike for the small Echoes, if you can't find the OEM Spike. you will need to get the appropriate metric hardware for either spike choice since it isn't included with the spike.
We just have to be patient...

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
12:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve heard chainsawbars.co.uk do the kit (sprocket & bc). Like most things these days we have to shop around..

anyhow rob D @chainsawbars is well known in the uk for his services and they do ship overseas, drop them an email and ask the questions.

i think they may do the bumper spike as well.. asking is the easy part ;)

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn’t find a kit either so i just went with the .043 Stihl bar and chain instead and it pulls it pretty good

MFL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found a kit on SawAgain which included a bar, chain and sprocket to convert to 1/4" x .043. Also found out the parts manual indicates my muffler is cat-free. Used the saw this weekend with stock chain and love how light it is but it does vibrate a lot.

MFL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very quick shipping from SawAgain and they set me up with the full conversion kit and a total of 3 chains. Looking forward to trying the saw this weekend.