High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo CS-4510 First Impression

WSE15

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Got in my first CS-4510 the other day. Although I've been an Echo dealer for going on 10 years now and I absolutely love their products namely for their quality I've gotta be honest and tell you guys that I was 75% disappointed with this saw. That is, of course, UNTIL I RAN IT!!

First impressions: Strato-engine - which let's face it Echo's first attempt at a strato on the 550p was a real disappointment!

11 pounds - That's a full pound heavier than a 501p or a 490

Reduced effort starter - They work fine but why not just a compression release!? Reduced effort starters are bulky and I just don't like the feel of them. Although I know many guys do like them.

Plastic casing - Part of my issue with this saw before I even touched one was that I knew it was replacing the metal cased CS-450p which I personally own and have sold to many farmers for fencing and firewood guys as a rock solid dependable firewood saw. The 450p was nearly indestructible and I hated to think it was being replaced by a saw with a plastic case.

Air Filter design - This I did really like. Super slick easy access filter. Very cutting edge looking too!

Spring loaded kill switch - Also like this. No more trying to start with the switch off lol!

Okay now the fun part: I gassed her up gave the rope 3 pulls and it was purring like a kitten. I was instantly impressed! Engine has a real nice throaty sound. Runs super smooth. Has quick acceleration and just an all around great feel. I set the carb and took it out back to cut on a locust tree behind the shop. I honestly can't say that it would lag behind a 501p. I'd take if over a 490 any day of the week! Really solid power for a 45cc saw. I'll try to get some video up for you guys sometime soon! I think these are going to be a real good seller!

45101.jpg 45102.jpg 45103.jpg

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna stop by and try one out next time I'm in town, Jeff!
Interesting new saw.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The weight is kind of disappointing.

Seems like a solid start.

For grins and giggles msrp?

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can u get a pic of the carbs limiters? I bought the puller and it look Hugh as hell for a limited cap puller

E99D7B8C-91AB-43A2-B4B2-9854D20E6365.jpeg 239F26A4-F9ED-4FE5-B46E-6DE969A82813.jpeg

WSE15

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry guys sold the only one I ordered on my spring order the day after I posted this. Next time I get one in I'll try to get some video. At that time the limiter cap tool was still on backorder when I tried ordering one. Luckily the one I got was tuned correctly out of the box. They were different from any I have seen. Service manual is still not up on the tech site yet either.

Ozarker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 4510 I recently got has the new limiter caps, requiring the use of the 91157 tool. The D of the needles, however, is too small for the Large D tool, 91085. There is conveniently a slot in which a small screwdriver will fit, which I always carry any how, but does anyone know the part number for the Echo tool that will fit the D on this? Is it 91187, or. . . ?

Marty

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got this 500$ Echo cs-4510 not long ago. It started well when new, and it seems that each time it becomes more and more difficult to start it. It has less than 4 hours of usage on it and now it is impossible to start it. The fuel goes to the cylinder, the fuel is less than a month old and there is a spark. I do not know what is the issue but it is unacceptable. And from what I see on internet this problem is common with that model.

I have had cheap Homelite saws in the past, sitting there with old fuel for a couple of years with being used and they could be started with a few cranks only. This Echo looks cheap and seems to be quite cheap indeed: definitely not worth 500$. This is the first time I buy an Echo and it is surely the last. I find it unacceptable that companies would make such junk. Did anybody have the same issue with this model, and what was the source of the problem?

I definitely do not recommend buying this saw.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got this 500$ Echo cs-4510 not long ago. It started well when new, and it seems that each time it becomes more and more difficult to start it. It has less than 4 hours of usage on it and now it is impossible to start it. The fuel goes to the cylinder, the fuel is less than a month old and there is a spark. I do not know what is the issue but it is unacceptable. And from what I see on internet this problem is common with that model.

I have had cheap Homelite saws in the past, sitting there with old fuel for a couple of years with being used and they could be started with a few cranks only. This Echo looks cheap and seems to be quite cheap indeed: definitely not worth 500$. This is the first time I buy an Echo and it is surely the last. I find it unacceptable that companies would make such junk. Did anybody have the same issue with this model, and what was the source of the problem?

What did your dealer say?

Did you take it to them under warranty yet?

Let's slow down and figure this out before you just say all echo equipment is junk.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Just bare in mind quite a few folk around here know more about saws the Einstein knew about his relatively theory. So a post like yours instantly makes people question whether the problem here is the saw or the user.

PS I don't recommend 2 y/o gas FWIW.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pull the muffler off and see if you siezed it...gooo on.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, that is what happens, he said it got worse every start,
yet he kept on starting instead of investigating.

Anyone else hear of trouble with this model.
All I can tell you is I had a CS352 and when new that thing got hot,
I didn't push it, and it broke in to be a different saw, had I pushed it I imagine
it would of got harder to start too, had three 500P models, great going saws.