Cut off saw

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m needing a cut off saw for work. I can get a STIHL TS420 for $830 on contract. After looking at some of the reviews it seems they have husky problems, lol. A lot of reports of muffler bolts backing out. Any real world problem with this? Those reviews were 4-5 years old. Has this been remedied? Any other saws in that class I should look at? Needing it for light concrete cutting, cutting block and retaining wall block, cutting rebar, and other demo saw uses. Thanks!

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm still using a old rebuilt ts400. Very happy with its performance easy parts availability cheap to buy cheap to fix. For a demo saw that's what I wanted.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Jimmy in NC would be a person to talk to. I have older demo saws but little experience with newer ones.
Jimmy deals with these a lot.

It sounds like you need to buy a new one since it's for your work. I know a couple of local contractors have had good luck with
the K-770.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After talking to a few contractors here, I went with the TS420. I looked at the Husky k770. If I was going to use it daily, it would be worth it. This is one of purchases where I was going to have to rent one enough to buy it, but it won’t be used a ton afterwards.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know much about them but I do have two Makita ( Dolmar ) 70 ish cc that I got from Guido a few years ago. I have one running and it does just fine .Not my favorite tool to use though .What parts I need just came off flea bay .