Construction Projects

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in Ca and you can’t take a dump without getting a permit... someday I will build a new house for myself, but it will definitely be in a different state.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If you had no time and material available what is the fastest method IYHO on how to put up a roof of corrugated steel sheet?

25.5ft x 3 used on five foot centers. Need to double check that center from hole to hole. They can be cut down if need but why bother. I don't want rain pouring in on the open side. They will be run length wise to a gutter and pipe system. It all goes to storm drains here out front.

Real simple real basic shelter to mill wood under. I have plenty of posts to put in the ground and beams to attach to them. Timber frame joints are a real possibility. Post, beam and pins or screws are also up to ponder. Steel plates and bolts looks expensive or time consuming to make. Carriage bolts cut cost but do they provide enough stability vs the cost of buying big hardware.? Idk
A notch does help that post attachment point. Wood dowel pins and screws seem like enough to me.
I'm no engineer and would like to keep the lid on it. Built plenty of houses, shops and sheds with or without trusses. Built a few cedar forts to sleep and hunt out of. Post or tree mounts down low in a cluster of cedars. Always lag bolted or ready rods and no notch or ledges.

I'm a one man bad so remember that. No machines but plenty of trees to rig off like building a tree house. I can set up a jib to move big heavy long beams off the ground while working on them. Lifting them into place with pulleys and ropes. Ten foot spans are my goal with one post missing at mid span to clear long logs coming in. The extra track stays outside my humble abode. I can shovel snow off of a 1-12 pitch so no worries there.

Oh... any size lumber needed can be cut for this deal from hard or softwood. I have the rubber washer screws for the heavy sheet steel. Mostly chasing old holes. Buying an LVL beam might be best for the 20ft span opening. I can get them local pretty cheap. New but second hand material sitting from leftovers.

Thanks

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rebuilt this front step. Lots of rot, but it’s been there for about forty years... Pressure treat for all the framing and Douglas Fir for the deck. I don’t like using Fir, but that’s what the rest of the deck is built out of, and they didn’t have the budget for Cedar or Redwood.

738F9169-9C3E-4D08-B712-27AC29747D89.jpeg 3ADE8A23-5619-42A9-BDDF-B4ABD74B0A5B.jpeg 6E5B9051-8883-42FA-9FAE-E4BC2A80EA4C.jpeg E5841ED0-B431-4AE0-80FD-4BF3CF278CF7.jpeg

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID