High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Comical Firewood Outing

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Glad your firewood outings are fun. Mine used to be a paid event. Me paying people to load and split firewood. No more sales now. It's all just me. Slow, boring and painful is better than frozen and all locked up come winter. Wishing to be in your shoes. Fun eludes me now.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed it. There are times that it truly becomes work and a PITA, but on the whole, it's therapeutic and cathartic for me. Making a few reimbursement dollars to offset the wood I burn is always a plus too!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Between post-operative back pain from 3 additional compromised discs,
Guess you were one of the guys I was praying for last night. Was saying a prayer for some specific guys who have had some major back problems and some even surgery, as well as others suffering for chronic pain.
Hope your feeling better, and even if not have a greater hope of a new body :).
Here are a few pics:View attachment 89481
This is the dry Red Oak.
View attachment 89482
Happiness is a S.S-S.E., a MMWS 346xp, a Fiskars hatchet, green White Oak and good Coffee. The good Dog is icing on the cake!
Coffee check
ported 346 check
not green white oak, but rounds of seasoned white oak from dead standing trees (that's gotta qualify) check
Fiscars splitting axes (should be okay, but the hatchet is on the short list) check
ss...
watching a friends dog, no vet bills, that's like a check in the bank, better than icing on a cake.
Good thing I'm blessed, because my happiness doesn't seem to be quite complete lol.
I'll get there one day.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Guess you were one of the guys I was praying for last night. Was saying a prayer for some specific guys who have had some major back problems and some even surgery, as well as others suffering for chronic pain.

Coffee check
ported 346 check
not green white oak, but rounds of seasoned white oak from dead standing trees (that's gotta qualify) check
Fiscars splitting axes (should be okay, but the hatchet is on the short list) check
ss...
watching a friends dog, no vet bills, that's like a check in the bank, better than icing on a cake.
Good thing I'm blessed, because my happiness doesn't seem to be quite complete lol.
I'll get there one day.
Keep me in mind brotha i had rotator cuff surgery aug 10 broken tibia with a plate and screws on july 14th spent 30 days in rehab.and in rehab 2 days a week been in wheelchair since and i blew out knee on fall as well acl mcl and miniscus.knee surgery on the 9th of nov.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep me in mind brotha i had rotator cuff surgery aug 10 broken tibia with a plate and screws on july 14th spent 30 days in rehab.and in rehab 2 days a week been in wheelchair since and i blew out knee on fall as well acl mcl and miniscus.knee surgery on the 9th of nov.
I wasn't aware you were in that bad of shape Brian.
Very sorry to here that, I'll definitely give a shout out for you :).

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score

Coffee check
ported 346 check
ss...
I'll get there one day.

It's a lot nicer when the animals and their vet bills aren't yours, but I digress.
As far as blessed part, you seem to be and I know that I am, but I had plenty of help getting here. My Dad and I work together on the wood, though he doesn't currently have a wood burner... He bought the S.S-S.E. and a few of the saws, but he will be reimbursed when I'm able. Of the 4 good saws we had previously, I bought 3 of them though. Currently he's picked up a lot of the tab, and I m truly indebted to Him for that. But we do a lot of things back and forth so while it's not exactly even yet, it's far from nonreciprocal. When I end up with a grapple bucket tractor or skidsteer, dump trailer and flatbed GN trailer, I'll be set for life and so will my kids, if they choose to engage in similar efforts.