What u mean mug?

From the Hills

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys I found a bit of info on k cup filter use.
"
I start with a medium grind. You don't want it too coarse (like in French Press range) or too powdery. Somewhere in the middle is pretty good. Mine leans more towards coarse than fine. It helps (as it does with any coffee brewing method) to have a good grinder that gives a fairly consistent grind size, but you should be OK even if you have a cheap blade grinder, you just won't get optimal results.

The secret is to pack the coffee down a little bit (not too much) by tapping the filter on the counter, but also leave space at the top of the filter. If you don't pack it down at all, the water will flow right through and you'll end up with a weak cup. If you pack it down but pack it too full, you'll have the pressure problem. The Keurig will think it needs to be descaled, and it won't brew a full cup because of the pressure.

So I've found that filling it about to the lip, and then tapping it on the counter a couple of times gives me a good result. I end up with about an eighth of an inch of actual visible mesh in the filter above the coffee grounds, which gives it a little room to spread out so I don't have the pressure problem, but keeps it compacted enough that it extracts fairly well.
"
Hope this helps.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol i drink coffee from time wake up i get it going when i take my dog out and until i go to bed . i sleep better drinking coffee up til bed . if i stop early then i toss and turn .i looked on your website and didnt quite understand what to get . usually i drink folgers , i am not one for fancy spiced coffee give it to me black and strong where you can smell it 10 feet away

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol i drink coffee from time wake up i get it going when i take my dog out and until i go to bed . i sleep better drinking coffee up til bed . if i stop early then i toss and turn .i looked on your website and didnt quite understand what to get . usually i drink folgers , i am not one for fancy spiced coffee give it to me black and strong where you can smell it 10 feet away

Ifn I drank that much, Id be spendin just as much time whizin or more !

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My wife drinks coffee like that.
If you like a good strong dark roast I really like Sumatra and Rwanda. Both are robust yet smooth. Rwanda being a bit richer with more dark chocolate hints.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
do you sell perculator grind because that is what i use to brew.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sure we can grind for percolating. Just let me know and I will grind however you like.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
do you use robusta or arabica beans

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
do you use robusta or arabica beans
Well generally do not use much Robust a unless we are doing a special roast of an extra caffeine coffee. Arabica has much better taste.
I am not a fan of the burnt rubber taste that comes with robusta.
For guys who don't know about the kind of beans and would like to know more here is a short article that goes over the differences between the two.

http://theroasterspack.com/blogs/news/15409365-10-differences-between-robusta-arabica-coffee

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
im been drinking maxwell house regular coffee for so long im not sure i would like some exotic voodoo coffee.