Climber for removals

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
3:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same problem here in N idaho, can't find climbers, and the thing is that I want to do less of it lol

walkdog

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
While it's true that good employees can be hard to find, I think much of it comes down to employers not offering adequate compensation for the jobs they seek to fill.

Try upping the starting pay you’re offering by $10/hr and I would bet that some better candidates start falling out of the bushes. A good climber will make you at least $100/hr in billable gross - don’t be cheap.

Try to look at it from the perspective of how much more good work you can get done with skilled, properly motivated help - if you think you can’t afford it, you should look for other ways to streamline and improve the efficiency of your operations and better position yourself in the market.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
While it's true that good employees can be hard to find, I think much of it comes down to employers not offering adequate compensation for the jobs they seek to fill.

Try upping the starting pay you’re offering by $10/hr and I would bet that some better candidates start falling out of the bushes. A good climber will make you at least $100/hr in billable gross - don’t be cheap.

Try to look at it from the perspective of how much more good work you can get done with skilled, properly motivated help - if you think you can’t afford it, you should look for other ways to streamline and improve the efficiency of your operations and better position yourself in the market.
Get real with the money. Your numbers are weak.

If your not worth three bennies a day don't show up, real simple. Me having to put gear or saws in your hand is wasting my time. The right guy can earn far more than the starting pay of most cheap bassturds! Show me some common sense, skill and preparedness and I'll show you the money.

Quote that.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
$300 a day to start IS incentive, enough to be ready, your gear is ready including two saws minimum, some clear well rested eyes would be nice and move your ass.

I'll have a bull line ready, rigging and the shot line. Seeing little need to provide much else to a contract climber. Impress and earn more.

Self starters who can climb I/we can teach to cut and rig. Plenty of saws and stuffs here for that guy. Don't come half cocked either making demands on day one about money or gear I may have provided for you if you were not fully prepared on your own. They sail-on pretty quick. Climbers with no bad habits or bs are far easier to train when given instruction and quality tools. Have no problem doing that but your right back at an hourly guy earning 15-20 because your usually slow. Slow is fine as long as your safe. Safety is number uno here. Don't kill yourself or the ground guys.

Real simple job with no drama, please.
Well intentioned ball busters help build moral ;)

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ball bustin in good fun is good ..... just as you put it. It will help with motivation, as long as everyone can laugh about it.

As far as I'm aware. A contract climber cannot use your gear/saws and be compliant with OSHA and insurance policies .....
I could be wrong. Been quite some time since I've paid them any mind at all.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ball bustin in good fun is good ..... just as you put it. It will help with motivation, as long as everyone can laugh about it.

As far as I'm aware. A contract climber cannot use your gear/saws and be compliant with OSHA and insurance policies .....
I could be wrong. Been quite some time since I've paid them any mind at all.
You might be right.
A saw rental fee should be in that.

The first calls tomorrow will be about insurance coverage. They may not make it to the rental periods... bummer.

I've been told twice, "I'm ready to go Monday."
See how that shakes out tomorrow when I call again.
Wondering who's really prepared and ready to go now.
I'm not.
One 200T work saw needs a new kill switch wire. A few 192's need the cobwebs blown out tomorrow then chits ready on my end.
Have to finish up another 200T in the morning and do a video. It's leaving me sadly. We had a good run. The next owner will really enjoy it all jacked up and fresh. 0.015 base cut, ported cylinder, carb, air inlet and muffler. Ignition advanced on timing. It's a screamer. 16 or 18" no sweat.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You might be right.
A saw rental fee should be in that.

The first calls tomorrow will be about insurance coverage. They may not make it to the rental periods... bummer.

I've been told twice, "I'm ready to go Monday."
See how that shakes out tomorrow when I call again.
Wondering who's really prepared and ready to go now.
I'm not.
One 200T work saw needs a new kill switch wire. A few 192's need the cobwebs blown out tomorrow then chits ready on my end.
Have to finish up another 200T in the morning and do a video. It's leaving me sadly. We had a good run. The next owner will really enjoy it all jacked up and fresh. 0.015 base cut, ported cylinder, carb, air inlet and muffler. Ignition advanced on timing. It's a screamer. 16 or 18" no sweat.
My 200t is sportin a 16 with just minor muff work. I'd like to warm it up a bit, when I catch up on some of my other saw projects. i like having a top handle that can pull 16 for larger take downs.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think offering $400-600/day would be incentive enough for a top notch climber to move to your area. If you are willing to pay it, you can advertise it as a possibility if they meet your requirements, but still say starting pay is $300.