Climber for removals

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Messaged a guy in Jersey I know. To see if he might have an interest. Not sure if you are looking for full time guy or contract climber.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Messaged a guy in Jersey I know. To see if he might have an interest. Not sure if you are looking for full time guy or contract climber.
Let me know if he wants to contract out for the "rest" of the week or "full time" good climbers are "unicorn" scarce up here

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Let me know if he wants to contract out for the "rest" of the week or "full time" good climbers are "unicorn" scarce up here
Ok for real now.

This makes four of us within fifty miles of each other looking for a decent proficient climber for removals. I didn't mention anything about being, good, fast, rigging and fancy bridle or false crotch rigs. Dare I mention a zip line.

Please tell me your just pulling my chain about no climbers in your area?...
That's large hardwood central all the way up the river mang.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That should’ve said 5-10 year old posts lol. Failed at the joke.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One guys decided driving across the bridge and twenty minute commute was just too much for him.

Next guys says Monday and he will call me Sunday night to see if I have work. Told him I've had work for about a decade now :)
He was busy walking off a job with the keys to a truck of someone's based on no pay. He uses Uber to move around. I said we have a train stop four blocks away. That's a maybe guy imo. Can't bailout a guy I don't know :rolleyes:

Glad the dead weight never showed up and changed his mind :D This will be interesting to say the least.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Possibly get yourself an apprentice and teach him the ropes?

I know ..... you take the time to train someone and they end up thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure if you do facebook or Instagram. Lot of contract climbers on there.

Still no word from the guy i know up that way.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not sure if you do facebook or Instagram. Lot of contract climbers on there.

Still no word from the guy i know up that way.
I put an add on Facebook.
Got two replies today. One guy is busy till Monday. The other was a waste of time it appears. Won't cross the bridge for work... bye bye.
Somebody sent me a text about coming in tomorrow but they are a day late for this gig. I knocked out most of one deal today myself, pia, roping big limbs from up top. Cut some up for the homeowners wood pile from the big chestnut oak limbs. The white oak gets it next about half way up then the fence sections come out and down they go. Chestnuts are ready to go now. Made them leaners into the fall to the side yard. The white will need a tug, to be sure, with muh pu. Doing all the chipping first when they hit the ground.
Chips stay :)

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok for real now.

This makes four of us within fifty miles of each other looking for a decent proficient climber for removals. I didn't mention anything about being, good, fast, rigging and fancy bridle or false crotch rigs. Dare I mention a zip line.

Please tell me your just pulling my chain about no climbers in your area?...
That's large hardwood central all the way up the river mang.
No chains were pulled in this thread and no animals (or groundies hurt)
I'm pretty friendly with 5 of our local tree services...all are seeking able climbers.

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finding good help is a big problem. Now. I am going to start doing more solo work my self. Maybe less efficient but less headache. As someone told me buy a piece of equipment that leads your business away from employees.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Finding good help is a big problem. Now. I am going to start doing more solo work my self. Maybe less efficient but less headache. As someone told me buy a piece of equipment that leads your business away from employees.
I've been told the same thing.
Only way for me is to buy a knuckle boom and go into logs and milling only. I'm about done climbing regular like. No interest anymore so it's time for this guy to move on soon. Being a rope and ground guy ain't so bad when your the boss.

Guess next week they all get a shot at it. If they show up hopefully it isn't a waste of time.