Cigars what you smoking.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree! I wish we all could live some of the great lives our parents and grandparents did.

My grandmother was born in the USA in 1901. Her father was a Presbyterian minister in Germany. My great grandparents thought they were down having children but Great-Grandma told Great Grandpa she was pregnant again. He wanted his final child to be born in America so they got on a ship and came here from Germany in early 1901. Grandma met Grandpa in about 1919 and they were married soon. They spent their entire lives together. When Grandpa's health was failing Grandma took care of him. Sadly it took a toll on her. In late January 1988 she had to enter the hospital. It was just going to be a few days but while she was in the hospital Grandpa passed away at home. It was sad they were together their entire adult lives and in the end were separated. She was at the funeral and came home. She continued to live in their home a bit over 11 more years. We really thought she was heading to 100 but sadly she passed 3 days before her 98th birthday
Thanks for sharing the stories, Bill. I could listen to older folks for days on end and love hearing their stories, of simpler times.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the stories, Bill. I could listen to older folks for days on end and love hearing their stories, of simpler times.
We all need to take in their stories when we can. I took in many but it was never enough. I have found memories of Grandpa sharing stories as he smoked his pipe. My Dad was a pipe smoker as well as a cigar smoker. He would slow down sometimes to enjoy a smoke and share a story. Saturday afternoons coming back from farm auctions was nice. If it was a good day he was smoking a cigar and telling stories. Sadly he is gone now too as are his stories. I think we all need to slow down a bit, enjoy a peaceful smoke, and share what we can while we are still here

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These Factory Smokes are still good cigars for the price. This one's a maduro. I also decided to get a knockoff S.T. Dupont lighter since my pipe lighter was taking a crap. Seems pretty well made so far. Time will tell.

Have a good week fellas.
20240923_171012.jpg20240923_181818.jpg