Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again
Good news, my stihl 084 hs has come back to life, I have disassembled the membrane and reassembled it correctly and the machine has come back to work.
Thank you very much to all
you are great
A greeting from Spain
Nice work -

Now we need to see a video of you cutting big wood with it.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again
Good news, my stihl 084 hs has come back to life, I have disassembled the membrane and reassembled it correctly and the machine has come back to work.
Thank you very much to all
you are great
A greeting from Spain
I knew a girl from spain in college, she told me I should move there to be a plumber as they were in high demand and made good money.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
11:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again, I have been looking and the carburetor of the Stihl MS880 is the same as that of the 084, now I am trying to make my machine work correctly with the original carburetor but in the last case I cannot get it because the one of the 880 is valid for my machine (we will have to see the new price of course)

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@ray benson
Our mate here is struggling. Do you have any literature on setting up an 084 carb? As visual as possible because we have a slight language barrier.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again, well, today I have disassembled the carburettor again to see the lever and everything is correct, but the machine continues to choke when accelerating it, it is as if too much gasoline was entering it, even though the high pass is completely closed.

It gives me the impression that the carburetor is bad, that's why it gives me so much trouble, apparently it was clean and in good condition after cleaning and mounting the new repair kit but the carburetor doesn't work well, so it seems to me that I will have to go thinking about spending the €€€€ and buy a new carburetor (original, because the Chinese do not work well from what I have seen from my own experience).

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again, well, today I have disassembled the carburettor again to see the lever and everything is correct, but the machine continues to choke when accelerating it, it is as if too much gasoline was entering it, even though the high pass is completely closed.

It gives me the impression that the carburetor is bad, that's why it gives me so much trouble, apparently it was clean and in good condition after cleaning and mounting the new repair kit but the carburetor doesn't work well, so it seems to me that I will have to go thinking about spending the €€€€ and buy a new carburetor (original, because the Chinese do not work well from what I have seen from my own experience).
The "lever" and diaphragm have a specific distance they have to be set to, usually using the base of the carb body as a reference, in order to flow the correct amount of fuel. There is even a specific flat plate tool from Walbro to use for their many service variations to help with this.
I'm far from a carb expert, but that much I do know.
I have every faith that we will be able to get you some details on setting that adjustment and others correctly, before the carb is deemed faulty.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello, I have disassembled it, I have removed the diaphragm again and I have checked that the lever is at the height (or a little below) of the level of the carburetor body, that it does not protrude above the carburetor body

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again

Well, I have received an answer from the Stihl dealers to whom I sent an email and they tell me which carburettor there is no longer for my 084, that the 880 could perhaps be worth it and that its price is €147 plus taxes (about 170 €)

I have been looking at this carburetor but I don't know how it will be, the seller says that it is manufactured by Tillotson although it is not original from Stihl, how do you see it?

The seller is from Germany, that is, you will not have to pay customs.

Another option is to try again with a Chinese one.

What do you think, I go for the German??

Thank you.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is also the Walbro in the same German ebay seller

https://www.ebay.es/itm/26479827220...AMh+L6ilAttmEnVo/OhOu7y26sZe+xY6GFXvtsJ8/AILw wC11r9HfaA28%2BGZ7a2vhp9MPCHi5GMRhAGrpvMFgnaNJIRLBC96FNE%2BEPGaTqnhL2Ci8%2FvfWLwhA%2FuE3QOF1tdJeYNCGkPDFZLR0ys3Xggphg473ViUBJDH7BQ7LX1MYuFfmz32Z wMzrFP9dTzkFlGnYVt%2BBys7YhQqLOu6cbJXFKnmJUsAIwmzNi0XuFurOzag8QVMLPpFcbe%2F7UB6zNZslfd92N85gcxRmTlv312yzTlrJCR8TmUk%2Bjrtzc9RL90iorETA%3D %3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5T6n5qXYg

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some pictures of the lever height and of your assembly process might help us get you going again. On the metering side you’ve been working on, the gasket goes on first, and then the diaphragm with the nub, and then the cover. On the other side of the carburetor, the diaphragm goes on first, and then the gasket, and then the cover. Are you sure it’s assembled correctly?

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, the carburettor is well assembled, the problem is that I think the carburetor is bad and does not work correctly and needs to be replaced

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, the carburettor is well assembled, the problem is that I think the carburetor is bad and does not work correctly and needs to be replaced
"Think" does not sound like "I have tested using correct procedures and equipment and have confirmed fault" is all Romolo.

But they are your euros. We are just trying to help you not waste them is all.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, I know they are trying to help me, but when I see the symptoms, everything makes me think that the carburetor is bad, they are the typical symptoms of a carburetor in bad condition, here where I live I have repaired many 2-stroke machines (brushcutters, chainsaws, hedge trimmer...) and as a general rule, when I get a machine, what I always change is the carburetor, in the case of the 084 it is a machine that I have never touched, and I don't know it, that's why I looked for information and I found this forum, and the issue of parts for this machine is sometimes complicated because there aren't any and the ones that do exist are very expensive, that's why I ask so much, but from experience, when a carburetor lets gasoline enter the piston or when it doesn't know it lets it carburet (loses the carburetor adjustment) it's bad and it has to be replaced, that's why when I bought the machine the first thing I bought was a new carburetor (Chinese in AliExpress) and seeing that it's going very badly on this machine I decided for your My advice is to try to repair the original one, but from what I see, the original one is wrong and that is why I am now looking for a carburetor to mount it and from what I have seen, perhaps the best candidate for quality-price is this one that I gave you: https:// www.ebay.es/itm/200533531819 since the original in the Stihl house goes to about €17 with taxes included and that costs €110 with tax and shipping included and the seller indicates that it is original from Tilottson, no copies Chinese.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi guys, well, the carburetor has already been bought, in the end I bought the original Tillotson from Tillotson, which I trust will work perfectly on my machine, this is the link: https://www.ebay.es/itm/200533531819, I bought the carburetor from the same seller that I gave you the other day https://shop.saegenspezi.de/carburetor-fits-Stihl-084-088-MS880-MS-880 but this time through eBay in case there is any problem, now to wait for it to arrive and try it, I trust that now my machine will finally come back to life.

A greeting from Spain.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again guys, I hadn't gone in for a few days since I had the issue of the Stihl 084 and its carburetor stopped because I was busy with work, but yesterday I finally found the carburetor (the one I bought in Germany didn't work, the machine didn't even it started so I returned it), I bought it used, I didn't find it new, but apparently it's the right one, it's from another 084 so it has to be right for my machine, I've also bought some upper casings, I'm not going to paint the ones I have I have also bought them used but in much better condition than mine, in these days the carburetor and the casings will arrive and I will finally be able to bring my 084 back to life. about it) and the machine will be ready. I will put some photos of the machine as soon as I have it with the upper casings mounted and with the carburetor mounted. A greeting from Spain.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
hello again guys,

The other day I went to Stihl for the machine that had left it so they could tell me what its problem really was and they told me that the coil is bad, that it doesn't work properly, that the carburetor is theoretically fine (it won't really be known until that the coil is changed and it can be verified that the carburettor is fine, but the needle closes correctly).

I already ordered the coil, now to wait and cross our fingers that the machine will be solved with the change of the coil.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again, I have not forgotten about you, I asked for a coil for the machine that the advertisement said was for Stihl 084 and it did not fit so I returned it, now I have ordered another one but it has not yet arrived, we continue working to return to life my Stihl 084.

A greeting from Spain.