cantgitright for moderator?

• Total voters

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Go ahead ,85's only had 3 wheels ,i would smash it too .
we had supposed 85 TRX 250R when I was younger, I don't remember where we got it from, and it was a basket case when we got it, but it was all there, and I remember getting parts for it was a PITA!
the frame vin plate "according to Honda" was an 85 TRX and so was the engine...but it had mixed parts between the TRX and ATC, like the clutch was the same as one in an 85 ATC...
maybe it was some kind of prototype???

also I looked up that one for sale...its an 86...I saw it a few weeks back, thought it said 85....

junkman

Crush it
Local time
5:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
we had supposed 85 TRX 250R when I was younger, I don't remember where we got it from, and it was a basket case when we got it, but it was all there, and I remember getting parts for it was a PITA!
the frame vin plate "according to Honda" was an 85 TRX and so was the engine...but it had mixed parts between the TRX and ATC, like the clutch was the same as one in an 85 ATC...
maybe it was some kind of prototype???

also I looked up that one for sale...its an 86...I saw it a few weeks back, thought it said 85....
the 85-86 3 atc wheeler shared the same engine as the 1986 trx 4 wheeler ,87-89 trx had different jug and stroke clutch and transmission gearing ,never seen an 85 4 wheeler

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
the 85-86 3 atc wheeler shared the same engine as the 1986 trx 4 wheeler ,87-89 trx had different jug and stroke clutch and transmission gearing ,never seen an 85 4 wheeler
I just remember trying to get parts using 86 trx 250r as the machine since 85 wasn't an option and would get the wrong parts often. i remember the clutch in particular because we replaced it a few times, and the one ordered as a trx was always about an inch bigger in diameter than the correct one for the machine? maybe our dealer was just retarded, idk?
for a while we though maybe someone stuck a different engine in the chassis, but we looked into it and that engine is what came in the machine...both tags according to Honda read as 85's

junkman

Crush it
Local time
5:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You could update the 85-86 clutch to the newer type basket was the same just needed the push rod pressure plate and bearing setup to update it ,dealer may have been tarded ,thats why i jusg walk nehind the cohnter and pick the part # s i wanted

Milkman31

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about a 2007 250ex? I could use some help.

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You could update the 85-86 clutch to the newer type basket was the same just needed the push rod pressure plate and bearing setup to update it ,dealer may have been tarded ,thats why i jusg walk nehind the cohnter and pick the part # s i wanted
is been gone for about 10 years now...I wont be doing nothin to it