Brand new never fueled 550xp

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
11:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see in your Sig that you have a Makita 9000 how do you like it on the mill, I previously purchased a 880 for the intention of milling

I have no idea what is on my sig now as I have not logged on through anything other than Tapatalk for a long time. But I did love the 9000. I don’t have it anymore as we moved house and I sold a lot of saws. But it was amazingly torquey. I’d say it was better suited on a mill to the 066/660s

Matt L

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
They take some time to break-in mechanically to achieve their full awesomeness of power. If you have never had an auto tune saw before you will notice on each cold start the saw is quirky for the first few seconds, yes, just seconds, till it figures out the environment it is operating and then it's a bad momma!

Completely agree. I have a 2018 550xp and have not had any issues with it that were not operator caused. If you dont follow the start instructions it floods easily and takes a few extra pulls to get it going. Now that I have a couple dozen tanks through it is not even all that quirky on cold starts. I just fire it up and take it to the wood like a light saber. I have also run a .325 and .375 sprocket on it. I think I like the .375 more since it pulls the chain a bit faster.

Last edited:

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
11:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a little rocket. I think it is bye bye 365. It’s a 18” Oregon 21 chain. It feels lighter and than the 346’s I’ve had.