High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Boat fuel hook up

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I could be entirely out to lunch right now, but the tank and fuel lines look like they're mismatched. The tank looks like the old pressurized ones, like on the 50's-60's boats that used exhaust gas to pressurize the tank and run the fuel out. A buddy's boat was like that, and when the tank seal failed on me, it was a long row back to the marina...

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is the water pump still flexible? I've had them seem to work good at an idel, but once you open it up a bit the water pump doesn't keep up.

I currently have several boats, including a Hydrostream w/175 Evinrude with lowered water pickup and a hydraulic jackplate, a 10' 3 point hydroplane, and a couple of other alum boats. I had previously played with champion hot rod motors as well.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Water pump is working fine. Ended up just taking the fuel line end off and shoving the fuel hose straight into the tank and it ran like a top. The pic below is what I'm dealing with. My assumption is that it's to big if a gap. And so far I think I'm on the right track.

20200514_201124.jpg

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Water pump is working fine. Ended up just taking the fuel line end off and shoving the fuel hose straight into the tank and it ran like a top. The pic below is what I'm dealing with. My assumption is that it's to big if a gap. And so far I think I'm on the right track.

View attachment 242306
Get rid of the ancient connectors unless you yourself know how to match and repair them. Assumption is the mother of all *f-wordups and boat owners. Yes, it's broke or corroded... fix it again.
1 cylinders are ok
2 cylinders is cool
3 cylinders are anchors or should be but Yamaha, just sayin
4 cylinders are economically sound most times and fun
6 or 8 is where the real fun begins. Pia, always and scary fast.

Just start over every time you "think" it's right. See how easy that was. One tiny o ring.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If that fitting is not fully connected it may be sucking air or not depressing the cutoff valve which would restrict fuel flow into the hose.
Is the primer bulb hard when the problem starts?
If the bulb goes soft or does not stay hard you probably have a leak somewhere.

The water pump needs replacing if motor has set for a year or more or over 3 years old. At idle it may cool fine but under a load it may not push enough water .

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut up a 55 gal plastic drum to just fit behind the boat while on the trailer. After a short bit the primer bulb has nothing left in it. That's why I assumed (so far rightly) that my issue is the connection. Parts are ordered and will be here soon. And also why I've put zero money into this till it gets running properly.