GFY Blower me

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buy some shear bolts. Son just tried running a 2x4 through his blowing out neighbor’s drive. Farmer down the road saw he just purchased a 3910 kubota, stop by and said you want a 6’ new blower, used once and didn’t like it. How much $1800 but you come get it. Looked brand new.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
3:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a bucket list item for me, waiting to find one at a farm auction. They get more reasonable in the summer.

PS... someone chainsawed a hole in your barn.

That's my second blower. I had a 50" buhler before this one. It was far to small for the tractor. But it was priced right.

Wish I still had it for my smaller tractor now. The 84" on the back of the 65hp case is a bit wild and not much control. Shuttle shift is not the best trans for the application. My smaller 855 deere is a hydro. Much more speed control.

And I'm the mfr that was weilding a poulan 4620 cutting that opening 😎😎 was originally a foot too short for the tractor to fit inside.

Steven

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's my second blower. I had a 50" buhler before this one. It was far to small for the tractor. But it was priced right.

Wish I still had it for my smaller tractor now. The 84" on the back of the 65hp case is a bit wild and not much control. Shuttle shift is not the best trans for the application. My smaller 855 deere is a hydro. Much more speed control.

And I'm the mfr that was weilding a poulan 4620 cutting that opening 😎😎 was originally a foot too short for the tractor to fit inside.

Steven
Never ran one but I'd like to find a 6 footer for my 1920. I've been told they take a lot of power to run so maybe 5 ft would be more realistic but it wouldn't cover the width of the tractor.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never ran one but I'd like to find a 6 footer for my 1920. I've been told they take a lot of power to run so maybe 5 ft would be more realistic but it wouldn't cover the width of the tractor.

I'm not familiar with your tractor. But my 585 case Ih is 60-65hp. It turns the 7ft without issue. I'd say go wide as possible. I wish I had a 8ft but this works.

Look like a McKee snolander

I honestly can't remember. I will have to check next time I'm out back.

Steven

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wife and I have discussed that as we age! Been on the tractor about 5 hours this week moving snow. My son has been clearing airport he manages all week. Many hours of repair work also.

Just so you know my friend. Tennessee is heaven on earth.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I plan on it. Just not the direction you would think. I'm moving further north or maybe even far west.

Ifn I would move south I'd melt. True story.

Steven

Theres about two months out of the year that we could use AC. We don't have AC, but there are times when it would be nice.

The weather here on the Cumberland Plateau is different than the rest of the state.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Theres about two months out of the year that we could use AC. We don't have AC, but there are times when it would be nice.

The weather here on the Cumberland Plateau is different than the rest of the state.
Mr. Cool DYI mini spit. Easy to install, heats and cools. Only problem I had is, fell through our living room ceiling.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mr. Cool DYI mini spit. Easy to install, heats and cools. Only problem I had is, fell through our living room ceiling.

I fell through the ceiling joists on a house I was framing years ago. Broke a few ribs. I hope you were more fortunate.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ir's been some time since we've needed a snow blower . All I have is two walk behinds but if it even snows at all a Stihl BR 400 back pack blower does a fine job of clearing off sidewalks .Now if you're talking about a tractor mounted larger blower it takes some power to run one of those .Grand dads old 8N Ford isn't up to that task .

Gedeon

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Snow, especially with a driving wind, is a natural deterrent to modern zombies taking up residence in your AO. I have over 2k' feet of paved driveway, but I pay a farm tiling company in their off-season to keep it clear at 4"+.

12k btu minisplit should run about 1kW/hour of operation and are excellent options for many situations. Tosot has DIY kits and is inexpensive due to Chinese manufacturing.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As for snow I have about 600 feet of gravel drive way and a tractor mounted rear blade plus a CJ-5 Jeep with a mounted angle plow that was brand new in 1965 .It would be very rare for a nor easter to blow in .If it did I have a dandy little Oliver OC-6 crawler dozer to handle that .It was brand new in 1954 .BTW I rebuilt that thing from a pile of junk from the tracks up in the last 35 years .