Beat-Up Saw - Worth It?

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would add to get a spark arrestor for it, if you don't like them, that's OK, BUT you at least need the mounting plate and screw for it to prevent burning an even bigger hole in the clutch cover... so many ppl pull the screen and don't put anything back in on these, and it burns a hole in the cover...yours has started to already... other than that, verify the av mounts are good, and maybe fix the cosmetics like touching up that rub on the front, and a new A/F cover.... other than that... enjoy that sucker...

I have both a modded ms194t and a 201tcm, both great saws to run...with the mods on the 194 I actually prefer that one, it's lighter and had more comfy ergos for my hands, but has about the same power as the stock 201....

jcarlberg

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would add to get a spark arrestor for it, if you don't like them, that's OK, BUT you at least need the mounting plate and screw for it to prevent burning an even bigger hole in the clutch cover... so many ppl pull the screen and don't put anything back in on these, and it burns a hole in the cover...yours has started to already... other than that, verify the av mounts are good, and maybe fix the cosmetics like touching up that rub on the front, and a new A/F cover.... other than that... enjoy that sucker...

I have both a modded ms194t and a 201tcm, both great saws to run...with the mods on the 194 I actually prefer that one, it's lighter and had more comfy ergos for my hands, but has about the same power as the stock 201....
Excellent thank you!

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The lower left AV spring is all bent out of shape and is pulling the top handle down left. They are cheap and easy to replace.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That explains a lot - I'm glad it's not just my saw!
LOL yep... when they get "cleaned" on my saws, they get cleaned with a tin snips and put back in...LOL

My 194t doesn't have an arrestor anymore though... it can breathe...which they sorely need over the stock outlets... the web nubs have since been filed smooth and had a bit of dirt/oil rubbed into them so it looks factory LOL

20240322_105938.jpg