Anyone use oleophobic coatings?

docsimon520

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know, things like spray wax to see if the bar oil drenched tree shavings somehow magically bounce off the saw?

The MS200T saws especially come with this brown shmutz looks like river sediment and typically has jammed the brake inoperable and takes forever (and a pick) to clean.

so there’s all these new generations of spray, waxes and ceramic spray coatings. I’m not talking about stuff you need to send in and use a vacuum chamber to deposit things on. I’m talking about things you can apply with a sprayer or rub on like paste wax. Turtle wax and meguiars kind of things. Did it work for you? Did you have to apply it way too often was it completely worthless?

Although if you know of an absolutely kick ass coating that requires vacuum deposition and can be applied to Plastics (low temp) and isn’t expensive maybe that’s worth exploring too.

thompsoncustom

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neverwet might be good for this application but i've never used it. Not a wax it's a 2 part spray on but seems to keep everything from sticking I just don't know for how long.

Last edited:

Lcfd1124

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The cerakote that is sold at Walmart in the auto detailing section is awesome. It's on my tractor, all implements, mowers ,trimmers etc and does very well at keeping stuff from sticking to them. We did the undersides of the mower decks to keep grass from sticking and it helped. Its only been about two months, so far so good.

cescarbrough

Active OPE Member
Local time
2:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know, things like spray wax to see if the bar oil drenched tree shavings somehow magically bounce off the saw?...
I use Johnson's paste wax on all of my outdoor tools. Unfortunately it is going away now so I'll have to find an alternative.

buckin-wood

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never tried it on a chainsaw, but I've been using Plexus for many year on motorcycle visors. I quickly realized once coated less crap tends to stick to the visor in the first place. So I started using it on the bike plastics to help keep rubber from sticking (drag racing). I have no idea how it would hold up on a chainsaw, but it's worth a shot.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have used Silicone spray on saws before pine work and it helps!