High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone live in St Louis, MO or know the area?

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m looking to take the kids on a little get away this summer. There seems to be quite a few things that they may enjoy there. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of St Louis? Obviously I’d like to stay someplace safe, be within a shorter drive to most attractions, etc. if anyone can help me out I’d appreciate it.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m looking to take the kids on a little get away this summer. There seems to be quite a few things that they may enjoy there. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of St Louis? Obviously I’d like to stay someplace safe, be within a shorter drive to most attractions, etc. if anyone can help me out I’d appreciate it
Grants Farm
Six flags
The Planetarium
Purina farms
The St. Louis Zoo
The Magic house-for young kids
Cardinals ball game

Grants farm and Purina farms require reservations. Not sure about any others.
There’s a city museum that’s pretty cool but is in a bad part of town.
I grew up in the suburbs of ST. Louis but rarely go back, if I can avoid it.
Hopefully others will chime in with more ideas.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Grants farm looks interesting. I usually try to avoid the busy tourists places, but the kids will enjoy it. Thanks for the info I appreciate it

FederalQ

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last time I heard it’s considered the most dangerous city in the US. Probably after dark. The arch, the old Route 66 bridge that you can walk on, and the underground caverns just south of there. All interesting from the time I was there years ago. Chuck Berry, Budweiser, and Schaeffer’s oil too!

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m looking to take the kids on a little get away this summer. There seems to be quite a few things that they may enjoy there. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of St Louis? Obviously I’d like to stay someplace safe, be within a shorter drive to most attractions, etc. if anyone can help me out I’d appreciate it.

How old are your minions ?

Drive about 2 hours north & go to Hannibal, Mark Twains home town. Go down to old town, go to the caves ( they are about 60* inside ) & ride a riverboat there. I believe they have or used to have small fun plex type of park there. ( bumper boats, mini golf, go carts & stuff. Spend a night or two there lodging, chow & riverboat will be cheaper, then you can go to St. Louis & have your wallet violated.

The Arch is pretty cool but the 2 times I was there the lines were redonkerous.

Last edited:

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Range from 6 to 12. Great ideas.

I’m outside of Milwaukee. It can’t be much worse than that lol. You just need to know where to avoid….

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I’m outside of Milwaukee. It can’t be much worse than that lol. You just need to know where to avoid….
East St. Louis.

My kids were about those ages when we went to Hannibal & really enjoyed it. It is a bit more laid back & not as chaotic as St. Louis.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If you go to the arch; there is a court house museum down there and an old church; first Catholic Church in St. Louis. Probably not that interesting for your kids.

The Budweiser plant has tours also...