Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I mostly just do 6 count military burpees and light stretching before climbing trees all day. In a previous life I did an Ironman before it was cool. Ran plenty of 1/2 and full marathons. Every once in awhile I toy with the idea of an ultra, but I haven’t ran in over a decade.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
9:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just curious if any of you may be into running. My focus is mainly ultra distances but would like to chat with runners of all distances.
#sportislife here so lots of running, walking, biking for three of us.

I met Lisa Tamati once. She ultra trained on a cruise ship even.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran a lot when I was with the Forest Service - they have a PT Test on the hotshot crews that requires a 1.5 mile run in 10:35 or less. My best time ever was 8:17.

These days I run for weight management - just a few miles a week.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife runs and I have a good friend that runs ultras and some major trail runs. I was a lineman, so I’m not built to run, lol. I’ll walk/hike all day though. He did the SCAR (the entire length of the AT in the Smokies) 71 miles in 19 hours!

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m looking to get “back into running”. I ran track in high school 20 years ago. I’m truly inspired by the ultra guys and looking to do a 20 mile trail run this summer.
The treadmill we got in the basement is from my in-laws and I can’t get the belt to track straight. So I don’t use that.
There is a 5k loop through town I try and get on once a week. But I know a 5k is a far cry from 20mi.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to be skinny and played basketball all day and still couldn't run or jump worth a crap. Just ain't made for it I guess. I am planning to get back into hiking though, always been able to walk really long distances no problem.