Advice needed on storing rope

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My bull rope I keep in a bin (USPS mail bin), it works well. I have and do use bags for ropes but a bucket, box, bin or tote is faster to put the rope in since you don't have to hold something open. ie, you can feed it in with both hands and it's fast. Groundi handles most of the ropes and usually has the throw line, throw bag, pulling ropes, blocks and chains all cleaned up by the time I'm done bucking the stem.

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mostly I used buckets, sometimes electric wire reels, and I used to use a rolling suitcase to hold my climbing stuff and climbing ropes. Nice thing about the reels, is if you are pulling a throw line, you can unreel the 1/2" rope with little effort as long as a stone or limb is holding the reel to the ground. Suitcases are nice because you can fit a lot of rope into it, you usually can find them for free, and it helps keep trash off the rope when it is laying open ready to use in case you need it.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 2 600 feet and one 300 feet three strand nylon 1" stuff once used to pull heavy cable .Those are on wire reels . It's so damned heavy that's the only way to move it around .Fact one of them is in the avatar picture in the back ground .

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 2 600 feet and one 300 feet three strand nylon 1" stuff once used to pull heavy cable .Those are on wire reels . It's so damned heavy that's the only way to move it around .Fact one of them is in the avatar picture in the back ground .
Okay, I think I see the reel, definitely not something you are carrying in with it slung over your shoulder :)

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those long lines were just a product of being at the right place at the right time .An auction of an electrical contractor .I bought them very cheaply .