StihlEchoingHusky

Well-Known OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought I'd hop on here and ask. What does it mean if your saw idles perfect and accelerates great and hits max rpm at WOT but as soon as the chain touches wood it instantly bogs down? My buddy owns a husky 460 equipped with a brand new never used chain + new carburetor parts and there is absolutely no air leak whatsoever. The previous owner said he replaced the cylinder a few months ago.

Even though he stated no leaks he does own a pressure/vacuum pump so I believe it but I said. Look for damaged fuel lines or incormy thought is not a good replacement. Probably terrible port timing and or the transfers are too wide. Anyone have some input?

StihlEchoingHusky

Well-Known OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought I'd hop on here and ask. What does it mean if your saw idles perfect and accelerates great and hits max rpm at WOT but as soon as the chain touches wood it instantly bogs down? My buddy owns a husky 460 equipped with a brand new never used chain + new carburetor parts and there is absolutely no air leak whatsoever. The previous owner said he replaced the cylinder a few months ago.

Even though he stated no leaks he does own a pressure/vacuum pump so I believe it but I said. Look for damaged fuel lines or incormy thought is not a good replacement. Probably terrible port timing and or the transfers are too wide. Anyone have some input?
Damn I accidentally hit post before being finished. I said check for damaged fuel lines and or incorrect sized lines,clogged fuel filter, clogged carburetor screen,clogged spark arrestor or bad fuel. I then said clean air filter and change the plug and check ignition coil gap is set right. He did all that so my thought is not a good replacement cylinder with bad Port timing or the transfers are too wide.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back the H out 1/8t at a time. Trying in wood with each adjustment. Do this 5 times and see if it progressively gets better or worse. Post a video with the tuning as mentioned.

StihlEchoingHusky

Well-Known OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back the H out 1/8t at a time. Trying in wood with each adjustment. Do this 5 times and see if it progressively gets better or worse. Post a video with the tuning as mentioned.
alright ill have him send me a video.