660 clone carb? vacuum? problem.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any suggestions on what could cause this, listen right after the cut, in the video I'm trying to adjust it out with the low but it's not working. When I put it together I did a vacuum/pressure check and it was good and right before the video I sprayed around the carb boot with some brake cleaner to see if I had a leak there. Carb is just tuned by ear in the video.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Video says private
d80981fe4ae3bb54abc767cef4126fdd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few ideas-

1. If you throttle up when it’s in that lean state after a cut, does it go way lean on the high side?

2. Tank vent?

3. Fuel filter hanging on the line or plastic piece that holds the cap?

4. My experience… an OEM carb with a fresh rebuild kit solves most wonkey running issues (not all, unfortunately).
5. Is the throttle and plate returning to the correct position on the LA screw? AM 1125 throttle rods are known for being “off.”

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't tried to throttle it up while it's doing it, next time I'll see. I did swap the carb a few minutes ago and it still did it.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No but I can get one, could it be slow to close all the way? I've tried two carbs on it and it did it with both.
We might be cursed :cunaooooo:
Similar thing overhere (an OEM), except mine goes to excessively rich after WOT, no matter of carb adjustments. Tried different carb, no difference.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The pulsing after the cut on deceleration is not that concerning, I personally wouldn't worry about it. If you want to fix it you have to increase the pop off pressure of the needle/seat of the carb.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The pulsing after the cut on deceleration is not that concerning, I personally wouldn't worry about it. If you want to fix it you have to increase the pop off pressure of the needle/seat of the carb.
Ok, thanks. So it looks like I have two problems, pop off pressure and most likely a vacuum leak causing it to jump up 1500 rpm after a second or two at WOT.

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How does the intake boot look where it enters the box and aligns with the carb? Anything “off” there?

OEM carb for one try, right?

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How does the intake boot look where it enters the box and aligns with the carb? Anything “off” there?

OEM carb for one try, right?
Boot is new OEM, it is a litle oval looking but I sprayed brake cleaner around it while it was running and the rpm didn't change. Both carbs are AM, to cheap to buy an OEM one unless I have to.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was going to wait until this weekend to vac test it but I think I'll have some time later today to do it and check the pop off pressure in the carb.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just thinking that when I sprayed the boot I did it from behind the carb box, I'll put the carb on without the pre filter so I can get to where the carb and boot go together and spray it again. I should have thought of that before.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Aftermarket carbs are *s-word. I would try it with a oem carb and see if it does the same thing.
I know, they are crap and you have a 50/50 chance of them working right but one of the carbs I tried came off a good running saw. If I have to I'll by an OEM one but I really don't want to put another $70 into this kit saw.