Trader history (0)

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
10:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You bet, they are light, the 6100 is a tank but beasty.
I didn't know you got the 562 finished up :). Better stop with the pictures lol.
6100 probably holds more fuel and oil than 462/562. That’s one of the advantages it has. I think you can go quite a while between refills. I guess to gain something, you have to sacrifice something probably.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
6100 probably holds more fuel and oil than 462/562. That’s one of the advantages it has. I think you can go quite a while between refills. I guess to gain something, you have to sacrifice something probably.

The spring assist easy start definitely adds some girth also.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Folks,

I managed to get a hold of a NIB 462C. Offering this thing with shipping included at $1200 East of the Great Divide. Additional $25 for the West Coast folks.

This is an EU specs saw with one small felling spike and the smaller clutch cover. Offering PHO, or I can include a bar/chain setup for a little extra $$$. I got this saw PHO to save money and shipping trouble/expenses.

The pics speak for themselves. PayPal Friends and Family only, not looking for trades.

****The PS-630 is not for sale. Lol.

Ask any questions about the saw and I'll send additional pics upon request.

View attachment 140001 View attachment 140002 View attachment 140003 View attachment 140004 View attachment 140005
Nice!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That may be an advantage for some, but most times I'm working out of the back of the truck and I don't even fill my saws all the way full, easy way to make them lighter and get a break quicker ;).

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That may be an advantage for some, but most times I'm working out of the back of the truck and I don't even fill my saws all the way full, easy way to make them lighter and get a break quicker ;).
Maybe you should chat with mustang mike. You two would get along great. Lol

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s hilarious how some people harp about ounces of weight then they go add the big dogs, wrap, skid plate and oversize clutch cover that probably adds 1.5lb to the saw. Then they go cut some cookies on the weekend.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s hilarious how some people harp about ounces of weight then they go add the big dogs, wrap, skid plate and oversize clutch cover that probably adds 1.5lb to the saw. Then they go cut some cookies on the weekend.

When I see those skid plates on saws the first thought that comes to my head is are the sledding down the hill with it?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The first time you get a saw dirty it probably gains a half pound from all the caked on oily sawdust. If they were that concerned about weight maybe keeping the saw clean should be a consideration...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, buy a light bar, if running a short bar you just don't use a replaceable tip bar, they are heavy. It all depends on what you want to accomplish.
When I see those skid plates on saws the first thought that comes to my head is are the sledding down the hill with it?
I'm good with guys using them, especially if they are the ones starting them on the ground or letting them idle on concrete :eek:. Also so saws like the 440/460 can use a little strength/protection in that area anyway. If you break a tank you can also bolt it right to the skid plate after using a bit of epoxy to repair it ;).

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, buy a light bar, if running a short bar you just don't use a replaceable tip bar, they are heavy. It all depends on what you want to accomplish.

I'm good with guys using them, especially if they are the ones starting them on the ground or letting them idle on concrete :eek:. Also so saws like the 440/460 can use a little strength/protection in that area anyway. If you break a tank you can also bolt it right to the skid plate after using a bit of epoxy to repair it ;).
Definitely a weakness on the 044/046. The newer flippy cap tanks are a little stronger, but still not as good as say a 5 series husky tank (strongest I’ve seen imho). The 661 tank is a improvement.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely a weakness on the 044/046. The newer flippy cap tanks are a little stronger, but still not as good as say a 5 series husky tank (strongest I’ve seen imho). The 661 tank is a improvement.
I had a 461 that had a broken tank, all the way up by the front mount; not sure how that one happened, but it was a pretty nice fix they did on it.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The first time you get a saw dirty it probably gains a half pound from all the caked on oily sawdust. If they were that concerned about weight maybe keeping the saw clean should be a consideration...

If that's the case, that 550 I got off eBay must've weighed 20 lbs. I couldn't tell whether that thing had a cylinder or not there was so much crud caked on the fins.

Most amazing part was the coil to flywheel area. I'm surprised it still got spark. Dirty little piggy it was.