High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

372 operator presence lever

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey my buddy's 372 had the spring pop out from under the presence lever while he was blowing out his saw with compressed air. Him and I had a quick go at it in his sub zero, dimly lit garage, had no luck, then it was sent home with me because I'm the saw mechanic.
So before I go out in my freezin' azz shop, what is the easy way to reassemble these?
I was planning on dropping the back end of the tank and driving out both trigger pins.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Drive out the pin just holding in the interlock- after it is out- rotate the interlock slightly to the right and dip the nose of it down and you'll be able to work it out.

After it is out- you'll see the tab on the left side of it where the end of the spring goes.

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks again , worked like a charm, almost. I had to nudge the trigger lever toward the starter side of the saw with a long thin screwdriver to get the operator presence lever to release, I appreciate the help.IMG_0340.JPG IMG_0341.JPG

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I got my 385 the OP lever and spring were missing. When I got the new parts I think I dicked with it for over an hour.