P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
6:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gunner,
I'm not sure the format is appropriate for an actual auction style opportunity. Lack of recourse for "bidder" or "seller", non binding bids, are the first two concerns that come to mind.
Some Auctions have been done recently for fundraisers, and even those have had their own foibles. I know of a few winning bidders who paid there due, and never were shipped the item.
Without the deep layers of protection of an eBay, the only way I can see to protect both parties is to set up an Escrow/Holding Account. Not something I'm familiar with doing, but if the site owner feels it is warranted, I'm sure it can be researched.

Yes. I offered to straighten out the Classifieds, and just make it a little more clear, and concise.
My attitude went sideways let's pull the plug on this auction thing and no further bids accepted its going back on the shelf until I need it.

Last edited:

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gunner,
I'm not sure the format is appropriate for an actual auction style opportunity. Lack of recourse for "bidder" or "seller", non binding bids, are the first two concerns that come to mind.
Some Auctions have been done recently for fundraisers, and even those have had their own foibles. I know of a few winning bidders who paid there due, and never were shipped the item.
Without the deep layers of protection of an eBay, the only way I can see to protect both parties is to set up an Escrow/Holding Account. Not something I'm familiar with doing, but if the site owner feels it is warranted, I'm sure it can be researched.

Yes. I offered to straighten out the Classifieds, and just make it a little more clear, and concise.

That's awesome Jonathan. :beer-toast1:

MasterMech

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just a suggestion sir, on FHC we shuffle all of the ads marked "SOLD" or "No longer available" to a sub-forum titled "competed ads". It greatly de-clutters the 1st page of the main classifieds forum and keeps more active listings on the 1st page. I do this manually on FHC but on a busier forum like this, perhaps there is a way to automate it?

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
4:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just a suggestion sir, on FHC we shuffle all of the ads marked "SOLD" or "No longer available" to a sub-forum titled "competed ads". It greatly de-clutters the 1st page of the main classifieds forum and keeps more active listings on the 1st page. I do this manually on FHC but on a busier forum like this, perhaps there is a way to automate it?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think nature will take its course, and the completed ads will sink to the bottom. As the site gains traction, and the pace of the Classifieds increases, the rate of sink should increase as well.

I will however take a gander at the possibility of an Auto-move, after say 48 hours, to a Completed Listings Sub Forum.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wanted to say still waiting for funds to clear then I will change title to sold.