Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya'll don't know Chris. He is a fine person and friend. I have lots of friends on these sites, but he is 1 of only 4 that regularly, sincerely ask how my family is- specifically my daughter. He is also the ONLY member to ever send me a "gift of rare files" that I didn't know where coming- they just showed up one day. He also did all the leg work on my search for my nos 357xp. All I did was open a thread saying I was looking for one. He searched every dealer in his area, and when he found the saw, he fronted the money and bought 2 of them- 1 for me and 1 for himself. Then he sent me a bunch of pictures of each saw (they were both 08 saws) and let me decide which one I wanted. He could have easily picked the nicer one for himself. He chose to put his friend first.

That's the person that Chris is. That's the person that y'all choose to not know. It's a damn shame, because he is a hell of a friend. Yes he has done some things on these sites, that he wishes he could take back. He's struggled in how to respond when the keyboard lynch party has assembled. He doesnt convey well thru text or on a keyboard. On several of his saws, I think people have taken advantage of him when he was buying, and he has paid premium prices. It is not a crime for him to want to break even or not take a bath on his listing. He isn't trying to retire on a sale, he's just trying to get the most for his saw. If your not a buyer, or at least helping keep his thread up at the top, and your sole purpose in the thread is to sabotage the listing- shame on you. How would you feel if that was being done to you, or to someone you know?

We have to make sure that our actions and our words, don't erode the very foundation that this site was built on. We all made an exodus bc we got tired of this *s-word on another site. But if we allow it here, where do we go next?

It is imperative that we treat others how we wish to be treated. It's not a suggestion. It was a command that our lord and savior gave in his sermon on the mount. He set the example for how he expects us to treat our fellow man. And it has eternal consequences. We all make mistakes, we all need forgiveness. You can't ask for it, if you can't give it.

Great post my friend. I would rather not have the religion stuff here.........but......an exception can be made I reckon. :)

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was afraid id catch on fire...im not even baptized.

When guys type that stuff i have no clue what it means..i know nothing about religon.

Both of my grandfathers were Southern Baptist fire and brimstone preachers. I know a lot about religion.......a whole lot. But.....I've never been baptized either. I rebelled against it. I was instead schooled with a life of tough lessons. Spent too much time behind bars, and had too many beatings over the years. Through all that I've found that respect trumps everything else. Without that one single principle, all else becomes meaningless. With it.......we can rise above pettiness.

ny15

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both of my grandfathers were Southern Baptist fire and brimstone preachers. I know a lot about religion.......a whole lot. But.....I've never been baptized either. I rebelled against it. I was instead schooled with a life of tough lessons. Spent too much time behind bars, and had too many beatings over the years. Through all that I've found that respect trumps everything else. Without that one single principle, all else becomes meaningless. With it.......we can rise above pettiness.

Well said.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I got my schoolin on the street too friend.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just really love this site......and I'm damn proud of what it has become in a short time. What we are doing here is making a better person of me. I find myself thinking before I hit that reply button.
You are doing a fine job Randy ,I get the respect thing ,you don't get it unless you give it .You for sure have my respect .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish I was as well liked as Randy........, but at least I have "normal" sized legs, so that's good.........LOL!

You know what?

You can take them damn normal sized legs and drive em straight up your.......

Wait a minute........hold up.

You're not well liked? I wonder why?

:)

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
and what Chris wants for this saw, is certainly within reason. A 346 is a legendary saw model according to all these post members have made over the years, it's funny how quickly a NOS one can depreciate when a guy is interested in selling it.
An example of this, when I tried to sell my brand new 661cmr with less than a half a tank thru if on here for $1075 shipped, (I had paid closer to $1200 for it), a member pm'd me and offered me $800 shipped for it. Said it was a "used" saw and not worth my price. How the hell did 1/2 a tank depreciate my saw $400? I passed on his offer, and it sold the next day for the price I had listed. And I spent the money on insulating my parents roof.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
and what Chris wants for this saw, is certainly within reason. A 346 is a legendary saw model according to all these post members have made over the years, it's funny how quickly a NOS one can depreciate when a guy is interested in selling it.
An example of this, when I tried to sell my brand new 661cmr with less than a half a tank thru if on here for $1075 shipped, (I had paid closer to $1200 for it), a member pm'd me and offered me $800 shipped for it. Said it was a "used" saw and not worth my price. How the hell did 1/2 a tank depreciate my saw $400? I passed on his offer, and it sold the next day for the price I had listed. And I spent the money on insulating my parents roof.

Did skip post what he wants for it ?

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The majority of guys here use their saws. The thing is, they're not gonna pay a premium (let's just say $650) for a 346xp just to go beat the crap out of it in the wood, when they can get a 550xp that IMO is a better saw for less money or even a good used 346. So you gotta see it from both sides. Same with the 064, less than $1500 will get you a nice 661 or 395xp for a work saw.

To guys like me the 346 is just a good saw that is in the past. I don't care about legends.

Nobody has said Chris is a bad person. I think the biggest beef is the tire kicking in sales threads with really no interest to buy, and what happened in the christmas giving thread on AS. As far as a human being i'd drink a beer with him and even buy.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would not hesitate to pay a premium for this saw, especially if it was to help him out if he has come upon some hard times. He has been selling some great saws, that I can't imagine, are very easy to part with. Makes me wish I wasn't a BD at the moment!!