262xp rebuild

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
9:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm subscribed to this thread and have gotten no alerts for post #55 and onward.
Posting to see if it makes a difference... All of my alert prefs are turned on etc... weird.
No OPE alerts of any kind since Friday for me.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working fine now (weird) -- thanks @nnero Itching to see that 262 in a video cutting!

nnero

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Finally got some more time to mess with this saw. Got it to run and idle correctly (throttle butterfly wasn't seating properly) but it still won't oil. It's pissing out the tank vent and still leaking behind the oil pump. So I gotta take the clutch back off...I assume something isn't sealing properly. I do have the little rubber o ring. Its gotta be where the pump presses against the oil hose to seal it against the case. With the other oiler I had it actually worked but leaked out overnight.

donnieboy

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 262 had the same oil leak problem when I got it. The oil hose somehow got deformed a little bit where the pump mates to it. Replaced the hose and that fixed the leak. The hose is fairly cheap if I remember correctly.

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, I'll see if I can find one. I gotta check the tank vent too
I prob have a couple oil hoses if you want to try a used one. Pm me your shipping address and i will send it your way.

nnero

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I dont have the oil leak issue after replacing the hose and o ring with new. I also determined that one of my oil pumps was leaking out by the drive gear, so I swapped pumps. She is oiling fine now. Im still trying to get the carb adjusted correctly. The rubber grommet makes for a tight fit with a screwdriver.

Also, how "springy" is the av supposed to be on these? While idling on the ground, the case was shaking like a bobblehead. I didnt replace any of the av springs.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I dont have the oil leak issue after replacing the hose and o ring with new. I also determined that one of my oil pumps was leaking out by the drive gear, so I swapped pumps. She is oiling fine now. Im still trying to get the carb adjusted correctly. The rubber grommet makes for a tight fit with a screwdriver.

Also, how "springy" is the av supposed to be on these? While idling on the ground, the case was shaking like a bobblehead. I didnt replace any of the av springs.

That's great you got the oiler sorted. That doesn't sound right on the AV. Is a spring broken?

nnero

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah there is definitely something going on. It was idling on the hard driveway but I don't think that would do make it bounce that bad. I'll have to check it out. Ugh lol

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pretty springy. I prefer my older one with the solid rubber av's.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah there is definitely something going on. It was idling on the hard driveway but I don't think that would do make it bounce that bad. I'll have to check it out. Ugh lol
That's one part of the 262 I just don't care for, the AV setup.

That lower front rubber one that mates to the spring breaks frequently. The worst part is that it will allow the tank to flex on the case and apply pressure to the carb linkage causing the Saw to rev. Kinda dangerous setup.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The husky 350 is worse in that regard. linkage can get stuck full on. it really is one of the biggest downers for the saw and it's not talked about much.

GOTTA gotta gotta make sure the av pieces are always complete and fresh