PAST 2018 Upstate NY GTG - Sunday April 22nd

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
6:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just 2 weeks to go, and I am really looking forward to it. Will be great to be doing something different after 2.5 months of crunching #s 7 days/week!

How are you feeling Jeremy, they get that infection under control? You need to tell them they got to resolve it in "express mode"!
Still leakin a bit Mike

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Better it comes out than stays in though.
I had a "wick" in my foot when I had it operated on. Dr put something partly in and partly out and left it like that for a couple weeks. The infection got wicked out. Then Dr took it out and closed it back up. All good since. [emoji106]

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
King Kong will be coming!!! That is what I have dubbed my big bore 660 (MS 710) that Dr Al did for me.

I guess it is more than a bit ironic that this was my first GTG several years ago, and the first ported saws I ran that knocked my eyeballs out and changed how I viewed chainsaws forever were the ported Smittybilt 660s (one 92 cc and one 99 cc). I am eternally grateful to Jeremy (who first invited me to come) and Bret and Josh who selflessly put their saws in my hands and a grin on my face.

I have not yet run Kong in it's current condition, but it made it's debut at the CT GTG, and Dan will be bringing it to NY.

Kong actually started life as my Flying Tiger, and it ran well with the original Cross P+C. However, the AM piston pin bearing started to go after about 10 tanks (most of it milling Oak + Hickory), so Dr. Al performed some surgery and gave it a big bore cylinder and a Husky piston. Then Al went in again and tweaked things a bit more, further improving performance.

The reports I've received from all who ran it in CT are good, so I'm really looking forward to running it myself in NY. So if anyone else it interested in trying it, it will be there!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll take care of that 661 so she doesn’t feel neglected that day. It’s no problem. Really I don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We eat at a little place in Greenwich within walking distance of where we are staying. Great folks......great food.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can meet you guys there I only live a half dozen farm fields away. Post the name of the place and time when it gets closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does this thing go strong both Saturday and Sunday? Trying to nail down some plans.