Husqvarna CCC Ebay Store Shop HL Supply Shop Performance Muffler Covers

041AV - timing

Discussion in 'Chainsaws' started by RD35, Jun 19, 2018.

1. RD35

RD35 Super OPE Member

Local Time:
    4:43 PM
    Edited to simplify: I need to time this ignition. So should I set the points so they open when the flywheel mark is aligned with the mark on the case?
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  2. RD35

RD35 Super OPE Member

Local Time:
    Thanks to Mr. Benson I got my answer. It was there in the service manual right in front of my eyes....but worded a bit different than I was expecting....so I got a little confused at first. After re-reading a couple of times the light bulb came on and I finally understood what it was telling me! Good to go!

huskihl likes this.
  3. lehman live edge slab

lehman live edge slab Live Action

Local Time:
    6:13 AM
    Glad you found your answer, I used a dial indicator and a multi meter set to continuity. Worked out great set the points to just break at the specific btdc.

4. RD35

RD35 Super OPE Member

Local Time:
    Yep, I found those timing marks on the flywheel and case...but I didn't (and still don't at present) know what they indicated. My guess is that the timing marks indicate TDC. But they may actually indicate 2.5mm BTDC...which is where I want the points to open according to the manual. Guess I'll find out once I get back to the bench and start measuring!!! The part of the manual that threw me for a loop was the millimeter measurements. It took me a little while to realize it meant piston position relative to TDC. I was always accustomed to BTDC being measured in degrees of rotation. All good now!