High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

YouTube Account Terminations...Possible Fix???

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For guys who want to change the setting on all of the videos at once (your whole channel).
Note I did this on my computer, not an app.
Go to: the youtube studio button near the top right
next: click the settings tab at the lower left edge of the page
next: click the channel tab at the lower left side of the page
next: click the advanced setting tab at the top center area of the page
next: click " NO, Set this Channel as Not Made for Kids
finally: click SAVE at the bottom right of the page

this sets your whole channel as not made for kids without having to go through and change the settings on hundreds of chainsaw videos one at a time
hopefully this helps
Dave
I did exactly that on my secondary PC/laptop, yet when I log on to my YT account through my primary desktop PC which is running WinXP YouTube keeps bothering me that I have to make a setting selection!
I again log in to my account through my secondary PC and the setting is set and YT doesn't bother me with warnings.

I guess I need to upgrade my primary PC's OS.

Good guide, thank You!

P.S.:
If YT terminates my account I will not loose a single tear!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just to let others know this is not the reason all accounts have been shut down.
My account was already set to not for kids when it was taken down.
I noticed that I have most all of my newer vids not set to public view. Maybe that has something to do with it too???
I have not been struck yet...
But I also started the modification to viewer stuff.
I know of guys who have no public videos, and only use their accounts for private videos and have had them shut down.
I have no answers as to how to get your channel back if they terminated it, but fortunately when it happened to me I made an appeal and it came back on two days later.

Hope they fix whatever is going on and no-one elses account gets taken down.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
3:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@chipper1 what did you say in your appeal..

from my understanding, it is a silly computer doing the banning. and the appeals, well it maybe that silly computer..

the other thing I’ve noticed, is it wants those ads added at the beginning or end if it’s a public or unlisted vid.. not complying with this could well get you terminated if you make 4 or more vids at once..

if guys get banned or warnings, can you let the rest of us know.. .
. I’ve had 2 gone... I’ve made another,, it was last night in the pub,:borra2:

,, I’m wondering if it is just from IP address or if it’s more , like the ivp6 or the unique identifier number that every thing has..

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
7:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only posted one video on that stupid you tube in my entire existence on this planet, and it was an absolute pain in my @$$ to do so. Yea, im done, dont need stress of trying to post some video and having to jump backflips to get around their turd monkey horse licken frog crap!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@chipper1 what did you say in your appeal..

from my understanding, it is a silly computer doing the banning. and the appeals, well it maybe that silly computer..

the other thing I’ve noticed, is it wants those ads added at the beginning or end if it’s a public or unlisted vid.. not complying with this could well get you terminated if you make 4 or more vids at once..

if guys get banned or warnings, can you let the rest of us know.. .
. I’ve had 2 gone... I’ve made another,, it was last night in the pub,:borra2:

,, I’m wondering if it is just from IP address or if it’s more , like the ivp6 or the unique identifier number that every thing has..
Not sure exactly, something to the effect of, not sure what I did wrong but...
I have no way of knowing what is happening for sure, but when a few guys who primarily do cookie cutting videos all have their channels terminated at the same time it's obvious to me that it was done because of a newly released algorithm.
As far as the ads I don't put them on my videos, if youtube does so be it.
If I hear of anyone else getting terminated I'll report back.
Hope the new channel works.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I’ve uploaded my stick felling vid, I had to give my phone no to get a verification code.. because the vid was a long video,, wtf,, it was sixteens seconds... let’s see how long it lasts :rolleyes:

in amongst all of the faffing I had to make it not for children and also mad it for over 18.

However I probably fail there t&c,s last time because I made the vid private and shared a link (you have to add email addresses who you want to share the vid with if it a private vid)

however unlisted vids you can do a bit more..

DDC850C4-FA2F-4091-ACAF-AEF4E5D53067.png 98FBAB35-4FDF-4B1E-8132-9AB4F07BF166.png

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I too do not like all the censorship and other BS that's going on with YT "and it's likely going to get worse" but really putting up a video is like a few clicks when you get it setup, and the notifications on precisely what to do went out months ago.

Now watch my account get terminated lol.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I too do not like all the censorship and other BS that's going on with YT "and it's likely going to get worse" but really putting up a video is like a few clicks when you get it setup, and the notifications on precisely what to do went out months ago.

Now watch my account get terminated lol.
Only one of my vids got changed to “safe for children “. They shut me down last night. I appealed that there was no nudity, copyright infringements, and that it was safe for children.
They reinstated mine this morning.

It really appears to me to be a purge. Getting rid of a percentage of accounts to free up storage space

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s back :aaaaa:

I forgot to get a screen shot of my message I sent to them this morning

I said along the lines of.
.. how can my channel be in violation of your guidelines, when it is just my self cutting trees and cutting wood with a chainsaw. I think your computer program is unreliable in determining what it actually is, however if it does not meet your guidelines please tell me what it fails on, please do not just point loosely at the guidelines.
I hope you do restore my channel, so if I do not meet the guidelines I would like to be able to correct my error.

thank you

8599E0D7-AC75-4D2E-A814-91A0DE6BE535.jpeg

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A big part of the "Not Commercially Viable" thing~problem is that for the last twenty years, the word "FREE" has been mal-appropriated as a euphemism for what really should be called~regarded as "bait" or tradeware.
When You have to give a name or an email or just sign up and register plus log in...
You are trading something (Data, marketing statistics, etc..)
That's all prfectly fine when we are told up front and are ok with it.
But just stop calling it free, when it's not.