Your best buck !!!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ugh, this happens every year. A doe steps out of the woods and I can't decide if she's big enough to take or not. Then she steps back into the woods before I can decide. Now that I think about how big she was compared to some nearby brush I should have taken her. Mebbe I should switch to stamp collecting or something else better suited for my dimwitted abilities...

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
3:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ugh, this happens every year. A doe steps out of the woods and I can't decide if she's big enough to take or not. Then she steps back into the woods before I can decide. Now that I think about how big she was compared to some nearby brush I should have taken her. Mebbe I should switch to stamp collecting or something else better suited for my dimwitted abilities...
Happens to everyone at some point. Keep your head high.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You could be like me & shoot the Doe & then see a Monster Buck turn & run behind her!
I've done it more than once.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Happens to everyone at some point. Keep your head high.
You could be like me & shoot the Doe & then see a Monster Buck turn & run behind her!
I've done it more than once.

Yeah, first world problems! I think I put way too much pressure on myself and forget about the fact that I don't need a deer to survive and the overall goal is just to have fun. I think I'm going to quit "hunting" for good. I'll replace it with hanging out in the woods with a favorite rifle while wearing orange and enjoying nature, and providence might decide to give me a deer. Or not, but as long as I'm enjoying myself I've accomplished something.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Plenty of deer bred back in my area, pup scared and chased after two deer on one of our recent walks.
Her legs are much shorter, so she gave up chasing them once they gained significant distance.
Once they noticed the pup is not chasing after them no more they stopped and watched our movement.
Sondre @SOS Ridgerider had the pleasure of meeting a deer close up when I rammed it with my car, unintentionally of course! 🤣

IMG_20231119_144034.jpg IMG_20231119_144030.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, first world problems! I think I put way too much pressure on myself and forget about the fact that I don't need a deer to survive and the overall goal is just to have fun. I think I'm going to quit "hunting" for good. I'll replace it with hanging out in the woods with a favorite rifle while wearing orange and enjoying nature, and providence might decide to give me a deer. Or not, but as long as I'm enjoying myself I've accomplished something.
Stick to collecting chainsaws, works for me!

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Decided to cut wood yesterday after not see any deer when sneaking around in the cornfield in the morning. Threw the 400 and 30/30 on the tractor and went to cut up an ash tree that had blown over last week down in the woods. Saw a deer jump up and saw it had horns but never saw it run out. Left the tractor running to cover up the noise of me walking around the brush. Spied a nose and some horns at about 25 yards but to close for the scope so I used the iron sights.
20231128_101824.jpg20231128_115128.jpg

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! What kind of 94 you got there? I have a '78 and an '85, both in dirty-thirty. The 94 is about the perfect close range in the thick woods rifle.
Not sure of the year for sure but got it new in the early 70's. It's put a lot of brown down. Stihl prefer it over my .270 Remington.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't normally cheat, but next weekend I'm going hunting with my .45-70 muzzleloader. Performance wise it's the same thing as a sidelock. Single shot, 300 grain lead bullet at 1200 fps, sights only and no scope. Modern inlines with sabots and pricey BP substitutes far exceed that capability. I'm staying in the deep woods on my own place. I wouldn't do that if I got one during rifle season but I didn't and dammit I want a deer in the freezer.