Working On A Poulan Pro 295 1998

trapper55

OPE Member
Local time
3:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey
Fellas I am needing to see which way the metal carburetor plate that the carburetor gasket goes on I think it maybe upside down or it's something else . I have 3 of the PP 295's old ones & I hope to have 2 of them running I may have to put a carburetor on the one I am buying that isn't a big or costly job to do

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They scream with a muffler mod. Started back after trees with one around a decade ago. I have three early models. Cheap and fast for clobbering pine trees with hooks and a saddle.
Get a 16"lp Oregon lite for it or the cheapest Oregon bar you can find.
Someone will chime in or I can check for you next week.
I kept them and the 22x.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Poulan made that saw in different versions for almost 20 years. As I remember, it is an Electrolux design that also had Jonsered and Partner variants. The last one was the PP 4620, which was replaced by the 5020. I had a 4620 for awhile. It was a decent cheap saw other than the really optimistic 20" bar and a chain that had a weird filing angle. It was easy to work on and the price was right. Biggest thing I didn't like was the flimsy hollow plastic handles and spongy AV system.

As I remember, that one has a piston ported engine so as long as the big and little holes of the carb gasket and insulator are lined up to their respective holes on the carb and jug you should be in good shape. Poulan carb gaskets often have the piston port hole on both sides of the gasket, presumably for production speed. Meaning, there is no right side up or down, either way you have a duplicate unused hole on the bottom of the gasket.