Woodland Pro Bar/Chain combo

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So today I was glancing at my 041. His name is "Mongo" His bar was only 16 inches. Now I have 4 other in this length.Now with my friendly Stihl dealer just a half mile down the road, I saddled up and paid them a visit.Well for a 20 inch bar/chain combo it was well over my limit. So we mozy to plan "B'. Baileys has the Woodland pro bar and chain 3/8 pitch 20 inch in .050 gage.Has anyone used this combination. I am wondering if this was worth the $69.95 that I paid for it.Thanks, Ken

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Return it. Buy a oregon powermatch/powercut for about the same $ and they just work no silly games. My woodland pro bar didn’t bore cut worth a damn or cut straight. The bar groove was sloppy. Waste of time and $. The new woodland pro bars aren’t rebadged cannons anymore. There cheap garbage now. My post might be blunt, but I’m just trying to save someone the aggravation I had.

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I may have to bite the bullet but I will have the new bar and chain buy Saturday. I do appreciate the replies. However after an extensive search on several other sites including Amazon, the bar and chain combo have very good reviews.I do not have any requirement to due bore cutting, but just simple firewood chores. I will take a chance and use this combo, and if not satisfied my Stihl dealer will see me once again.Besides,ole "Mongo" needs the exercise.Thanks, Ken

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That D-handle working for you?
Yes. So far so good.
Found Stens brand for cheap so I ordered that one to test next.
First they see mill time with a decomp 660. Test two is with the 066 no decomp and ignition timing mods. Next week that one moves to phase two.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So today I was glancing at my 041. His name is "Mongo" His bar was only 16 inches. Now I have 4 other in this length.Now with my friendly Stihl dealer just a half mile down the road, I saddled up and paid them a visit.Well for a 20 inch bar/chain combo it was well over my limit. So we mozy to plan "B'. Baileys has the Woodland pro bar and chain 3/8 pitch 20 inch in .050 gage.Has anyone used this combination. I am wondering if this was worth the $69.95 that I paid for it.Thanks, Ken
Like huskyboy said get a Oregon bar you won't be disappointed there a darn good bar for the money.:beer-toast1:

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Return it. Buy a oregon powermatch/powercut for about the same $ and they just work no silly games. My woodland pro bar didn’t bore cut worth a damn or cut straight. The bar groove was sloppy. Waste of time and $. The new woodland pro bars aren’t rebadged cannons anymore. There cheap garbage now. My post might be blunt, but I’m just trying to save someone the aggravation I had.

So if the bar was as bad as you mentioned why did you not return it? I have a difficult time understanding how a new bar would not cut straight.Your chain may have been improperly sharpened.I am not being a smart azz but I want to give the dealer a chance. If I have bad luck with this I will be the first to say so.Could you have put a .050 chain on a .058, or .063 bar? This would account for the irregularities that you have mentioned

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So if the bar was as bad as you mentioned why did you not return it? I have a difficult time understanding how a new bar would not cut straight.Your chain may have been improperly sharpened.I am not being a smart azz but I want to give the dealer a chance. If I have bad luck with this I will be the first to say so.Could you have put a .050 chain on a .058, or .063 bar? This would account for the irregularities that you have mentioned
You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who is making em now?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Let's suspect Mason has run across a few aftermarket bars not worth even mentioning as have I. Went to straightening and dressing OEM or Oregon bars most times and made out better than buying new AM bars most times. That said....Oregon sells a straight bar with a tight gauge. I buy Cannon bars and used Stihl ES or re-tip E bars for myself when needed. I can not complain about anything. It took a while to stop "fixing" "new" ones of a lesser quality. Ymmv

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm running their bar/chain combo om my Husqvarna 50 and it works fine.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A 20 inch bar is not worth spending much money on. I have a stack of throw away Home Depot rental bars at 20 inch. They cut fine.... you’ll be fine. If you get up around 24 then I’d grab Oregon or better. Personal preference I like the cheap bars. They’re lighter than a good bar. I have a real nice Oregon same length. It sits on the shelf. It’s old stock Canada made.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long story short. 20 bar they’re all fine. When you get into longer bars that’s when you have more of a chance at cuts running crooked.

Kenskip1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20190521_082020[1].jpg 20190521_082030[1].jpg JTS, Thanks for the vote of confidence.If I was going to be milling something then I would purchase something of a bit better quality. However,,, as mentioned this will be used primarily for firewood cutting.Also around here we have been known to get a bit of inclimate weather (High Winds) and trees have been known to block roads, ruin roofs, and other general forms of havoc.So with all said and done I am sure that this bar and chain combination will be just fine.