High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Where & What to get; Oregon 91PXL057G or 91VXL057G chain?

Sid Post

Active OPE Member
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
East Texas between Dalls/Fort Worth and Texarkana
Country flag
I'm looking to buy several chains so, I'm trying to avoid local price gouging. I'm thinking a reel of chain is more than I'll use in the lifetime of an Echo CS-361P so, I'm looking to buy a bunch of chains already made up.

How do the Oregon 91PXL and 91VXL compare to each other? I use "kickback" chains on my MS-362CM so, I'm looking for performance 'on the ground' in a limbing and brush clearing chainsaw. I'm not 'anti' kickback chain but, I am 'pro' performance chain.

What vendors are preferred to buy this chain? Google has proven rather fruitless so. before I hit Ebay, Amazon, etc. I thought I would see where the recommendations are from this site.

TIA,
Sid

juttree

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've never used the PXL but we have a 100' reel of the VXL and I find it really grabby and jumpy. We only use it on our 200t's though.

juttree

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Some people may have a better experience than me with it or maybe I just got a bad roll. All I know is the chain that I've got is almost unusable in any hardwood. I've tried rounding up the rakers and filing the cutters way down which helped a little bit but still very jumpy.

Sid Post

Active OPE Member
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
East Texas between Dalls/Fort Worth and Texarkana
Country flag
For the cost of a reel of this chain, I feel for you having to "write off" this much chain.

This is part of the reason I asked the question. My money is a little tight so, I would hate to have a bunch of chains that don't work well for me.

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm looking to buy several chains so, I'm trying to avoid local price gouging. I'm thinking a reel of chain is more than I'll use in the lifetime of an Echo CS-361P so, I'm looking to buy a bunch of chains already made up.

I run 56 link chain just fine on my CS-361p with the Echo branded 57dl bar. 56 link chain is much more common.

As far as a good deal, leftcoastsupplies has a "web special" on 91VXL055 and 91VXL056 loops, $8.99 plus free shipping. You have to call them up or send an email to get the free shipping. I just picked up four 91VXL055 for an MS 170 and will be placing an order for 4 of the 56 link loops for my CS-361p.