High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's the best way to remove a flywheel?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think I lost many tools when I went through my divorce, but guns, hunting knives, TVs and other appliances, and the 4 wheel drive PU all disappeared, plus a lot of family photos (nothing was digital back then).

I guess I got lucky that one of my Daughters was able to "smuggle" the Puma Bowie knife that I had owned since I was 12 back to me with "no questions asked". I had been complaining bitterly about it's disappearance. I'm glad that event is so far in the rear view mirror now! (about 30 years).

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
2:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all the comments on the clutch removal problem. I must admit that one time I did ruin the engine with a piston block and a socket wrench with a 16" extension pipe. I put so much torque on that clutch nut that I snapped the piston rod. Never again as they say.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
12:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Semi stubborn 162 not a problem for the puller I made at work. Square head set screw is hard and has a pocket on the end where I put a ball bearing. As I said before, the ends of the bar being extra long helps to be able to tap the flywheel away from the saw.

I twisted the head off the set screw with that 266, even with lots of tapping and heating…ED28DC4B-CA21-4184-AEFD-84467005EB2F.jpeg