Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, I am stumped! Can’t get this TS 800 to run. I have spark, I have fuel and I have 168# compression. No air leaks, new fuel lines, new impulse lines, new gaskets, new seals, re did ALL the wiring, swapped coils. Crankcase/cylinder holds pressure and vacuum.

Poured some fuel down the throat: nothing.
Poured fuel in the airbox and sealed it: nothing.
Spun with impact gun: nothing.

Suggestions?
It's a Stihl , it's supposed to hold a door open or a boat at its place , not run . . . :rolleyes:

On a serious note, what ever it is that keeps it from turning over is most likely something simple that You haven't thought of checking yet.

Maybe You put the cylinder on reversed . . . :p

Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It's a Stihl , it's supposed to hold a door open or a boat at its place , not run . . . :rolleyes:

On a serious note, what ever it is that keeps it from turning over is most likely something simple that You haven't thought of checking yet.

Maybe You put the cylinder on reversed . . . :p

That saw came so close to getting thrown down the driveway at around midnight. The guy wanted this saw for this morning and I finally quit around 0100. I hate missing a hard deadline/timeline.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That saw came so close to getting thrown down the driveway at around midnight. The guy wanted this saw for this morning and I finally quit around 0100. I hate missing a hard deadline/timeline.
You did what you could, give it a day. Helps me to have a break and think it over.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You did what you could, give it a day. Helps me to have a break and think it over.

I absolutely despise missing a deadline. I think that’s what bothers me the most.

I am in the midst of tearing the entire thing down and rebuilding it from the ground up just to ensure everything is 100% correct.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I absolutely despise missing a deadline. I think that’s what bothers me the most.

I am in the midst of tearing the entire thing down and rebuilding it from the ground up just to ensure everything is 100% correct.
Is the clutch stuck? Have you tried starting it with the any of the pto side apart? My fs250 wouldn’t start when a clutch spring broke

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is the clutch stuck? Have you tried starting it with the any of the pto side apart? My fs250 wouldn’t start when a clutch spring broke

Had to rebuild the entire clutch side. The starter pawl which is supposed to be threaded was wallered out and spinning (aluminum of course). who ever worked on it before simply tightened down the nut on the crank and stripped it. Had to go buy a 10mmx1.0 tap and die and new nut for the crank. Cut the spacer washer and the back of the new nut to act like a lock washer against the aluminum pawl. Now its firmly seated, clutch spins freely and no issues.

Flucking piece of shiit STILL won’t start. I’m completely and totally stumped.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is your plug wet? What dose it look like? Will it spark wet?

Plug is the 2nd brand new NGK and has a fine mist on it. Plug sparks even when moist outside of the cyl. Looking through the decomp bung I. An see the plug sparking when being pulled over. Muffler is off, verified not clogged.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe a bad switch on the handle???? Maybe switch is preventing it from starting?

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That model is a push start.
Run up the driveway with the wheel on the ground and she’ll go.
Don’t give up now!

Oh, and video yourself.....

I should have known!! I’ll upload cideo from the security cameras. Since my driveway isn’t very long I’ll do it in the street