High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's on your bench?

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
3:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It looks like your in a metal building like me. So I have one of these above the bench View attachment 103684That one heat lamp helps tremendously while my gas and kerosene heater are warming up.

I even have a heated floor mat to stand on and a same heated bench cover.
Just havent used them this year but should be.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
365 I’m building from leftover parts from all the swapping/trading and a nice fellow from Alabama that gifted a parts saw @ranchdadmike Piston is most important purchase I gotta make for this one What do y’all think about the tecomec pistons. I’ve looked at meteor but saw the tecomec on HLS last night. Thoughts?!???!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 16

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like Meteor but Tecomec is known to build a good product. The 242 XP kits they had were nearly as good as OEM.
Some of the threads I’ve read in the past mentioned some using Tecomec pistons and such. And they’re 20$ cheaper. I’m trying to make my mind up

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Put both of them heated mats on the floor today. :cool:

All fixed and running :cool: new lines with echo oem and poulan fuel filter. Had a dang stihl weedeater filter in it. :laugh:

Like new witness lines on piston ext int. 137 carb, 3 shoe, front exit muffler

Found 3 other minor parts missing I had on hand.

pbbzz.jpg pbbz.jpg pbbzzzzz.jpg

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the threads I’ve read in the past mentioned some using Tecomec pistons and such. And they’re 20$ cheaper. I’m trying to make my mind up
If you're building it for yourself you can always try it and see how it holds up. You'll likely get your money's worth out of it at least.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you're building it for yourself you can always try it and see how it holds up. You'll likely get your money's worth out of it at least.
Yes sir it’s mine. I just don’t wanna ruin a perfect cylinder with a lesser quality piston

PS. I usually only sell the stihls lol

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes sir it’s mine. I just don’t wanna ruin a perfect cylinder with a lesser quality piston

PS. I usually only sell the stihls lol
Understood. I normally only run meteor or oem in my stuff. I also keep some backup parts in case of a major catastrophe. Lol

I do have a farmertec big bore coming to play around with on one of my 372's. Just wanna see how they run.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I set popoff at or a little above 20

I’d get to the bottom of the problem with the popoff going way too high.

I changed the spring and got poppoff adjusted to 11-12ish and the saw starts and is running good!

What gives with 30+ psi and not popping off? It was 14psi Multiple times a day before..

Anyway thanks for the tips, :)

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Understood. I normally only run meteor or oem in my stuff. I also keep some backup parts in case of a major catastrophe. Lol

I do have a farmertec big bore coming to play around with on one of my 372's. Just wanna see how they run.
I believe it was a farmertec brand I put on a friends 570 “branded as a Redmax “ about two years ago and it’s running fine still. Gets used quite often also