beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
3:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Managed to get its first run in before family stuff. Around two turns out on high side, 1.5 on low side. I gotta get more familiar tuning ported saws. Plug was dry? after 6-7 cuts. Definitely stronger than stock though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Dry and brown good...dry and white bad.

Looks like it runs decent. With no machine work you're only gonna gain so much. Don't fret over a couple degrees on the exhaust. It won't be a huge gain and it could result in a loss.

Did you mod the muffler already?

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dry and brown good...dry and white bad.

Looks like it runs decent. With no machine work you're only gonna gain so much. Don't fret over a couple degrees on the exhaust. It won't be a huge gain and it could result in a loss.

Did you mod the muffler already?
Yes. Muffler modded about a year ago with base gasket delete. I checked the plug earlier and the porcelain was still mostly white with a touch of light tan color and dry,but any farther out on high side and it's not cleaning up in the cut very well.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. Muffler modded about a year ago with base gasket delete. I checked the plug earlier and the porcelain was still mostly white with a touch of light tan color and dry,but any farther out on high side and it's not cleaning up in the cut very well.

Then you're pretty good I'd say. Did you advance the timing?

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then you're pretty good I'd say. Did you advance the timing?
No sir I didn't advance the timing, actually didn't even think of it. Everytime I read about advancing the Huskies its seems to be a negative affect on them.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. Most of my saws usually show a little wet on the plug ,that's why I was wondering. Also I usually keep mine a little fat so....

She sounds pretty good if I say so if you're worried about it being a little lean just give her a little more on the high side but in the video it sounds pretty darn close.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No sir I didn't advance the timing, actually didn't even think of it. Everytime I read about advancing the Huskies its seems to be a negative affect on them.

My NE with the blue coil doesn't seem to need it. The OE with black coil picked up a lot after removing 2/3 of the key.

The OE is awaiting a new carb before I mess with it more but it's on the heels of the NE. Hoping the carb arrives tomorrow...

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She sounds pretty good if I say so if you're worried about it being a little lean just give her a little more on the high side but in the video it sounds pretty darn close.
Thanks bud. Yeah I just don't want to burn it up. Especially right off the bat.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My NE with the blue coil doesn't seem to need it. The OE with black coil picked up a lot after removing 2/3 of the key.

The OE is awaiting a new carb before I mess with it more but it's on the heels of the NE. Hoping the carb arrives tomorrow...
Mine has the black coil.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks bud. Yeah I just don't want to burn it up. Especially right off the bat.

Yea tooning ported saws can be touchy you it doesn't take much movement if the screwdriver so play with it a bit and find that sweet spot.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

+1 the black coils seem to like advanced

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
350/346 particularly hard for me to hear 4 stroke unless I tune it too fat (I’m hard of hearing and use tach for reference). Most 350/346 I’ve run mid 13’s is a safe tune to start with. I run the 350 I modded at 13,700ish, although I’ve taken it to 14.2-14.5 just to see what’s up.

Last edited:

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
350/346 particularly hard for me to hear 4 stroke unless I tune it too fat (I’m hard of hearing and use tach for reference). Most 350/346 I’ve run mid 13’s is a safe tune to start with. I run the 350 I modded at 13,700ish, although I’ve taken it to 14.2-14.5 just to see what’s up.
I'd like to have a tach to check myself, but it hasn't been in the cards yet.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Managed to get its first run in before family stuff. Around two turns out on high side, 1.5 on low side. I gotta get more familiar tuning ported saws. Plug was dry? after 6-7 cuts. Definitely stronger than stock though.

Looks good Matt.