Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
4:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pork belly burnt ends just hit the Pitboss. Never done them but I don’t think they are that difficult.
Well they didn’t turn out as I expected. I learned from this and know what to change but not sure I’d do them again. I prefer doing them with a chuck roast. I will say it was the first time I had something that was more of a fail. I do have a pork butt out that will hit the pit early next week so let’s hope this first time of this goes better.

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Pitboss abs been using it a year with Pitboss pellets. I don’t empty the hopper after each use and I have never had an issue with it clogging.
I second this statement. I don't empty the hopper between cooks. My Pit Boss has earned it's money many times over.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what are you using for a charcoal circle?
Piece of scrap stainless tubing from work. I wanted a "Vortex" but my cheap ass wasn't going to spend $40 for one. I believe it is around 8" diameter .060" thick. 8" is a little smaller than I would like and I plan to make another one that is 10"-12" diameter.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
With a bigger diameter one could crush the center section to make a snake feed for longer cooks. SS makes sense.
I've used the HD black wood stove pipe in the past, usually lasts most of a season, and I was able to get a lot of cuts from a 3' piece of pipe.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nic when doing the cream cheese smoke, try a brick with a jalapeno or habanero jelly layer placed on top of the cream cheese b4 putting in the smoker.
You will thank me later . . . It's a main stay at our family GTG's

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nic when doing the cream cheese smoke, try a brick with a jalapeno or habanero jelly layer placed on top of the cream cheese b4 putting in the smoker.
You will thank me later . . . It's a main stay at our family GTG's
Over new years the wife took a block and mixed it with pineapple habanero dip mix. They practically ate the bowl. I have some cowboy something or other a friend gave me that I have yet to try with it.