bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jonsereds 621, $400 + shipping from zip 78248.

For the uninitiated, the 621 is a 56cc saw that was produced from 1970-1982. One of the best firewood saws of all time, if I don't say so myself.

This particular saw is serial #351448. I have four or five 621's and this is my nicest. It retains much of its factory paint and all of its original hardware.

The saw has been completely gone through and rebuilt, with the exception of splitting the case. The piston is very nice OEM and has new Caber rings. The jug is very nice as well, with no scoring and no cracked or missing fins. I did the base gasket delete, so compression is a tad higher at 220 psi (it was 196 before the rebuild). The quench is set at .030, so there's no danger of the piston hitting the jug.

The fuel system has all new lines and the carburetor has been rebuilt. It has been tuned, but you should verify once you receive it. Max rpm from the factory is 10,300; I set it up to run at 9,500, and it 4 strokes at WOT, just like it should.

It runs a 3/8 chain on a 13" or so roller tip bar. The chain is sharp, but it doesn't have much life left. It has a new Oregon drum and sprocket The saw also has an NOS bucking spike.

I have about 10 hours invested in cleaning, rebuilding, and tuning this saw. In other words, you're just paying for my labor at my asking price; the saw is free.

DSCN3289.JPG DSCN3290.JPG DSCN3292.JPG DSCN3294.JPG DSCN3296.JPG

jonnysaw

Jred enthusiast
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Wonder if you can help me. I'm looking for service manuals for 1970s Jred saws. I have aftermarket ones but I hoping to find original (or copies of) factory manuals. BTW your 621 looks great! Where do you find parts, especially crankcase gaskets? Thanks, Tom