Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do tell, any vids? Comparisions?
I think I may have a video of someone who ran my 5105 with it. I'll have to go thru the files. My only comparison is with a 16" vs. the 20" narrow kerf, and the 16 is not too much faster. I just finished blocking up the last of the remaining firewood logs {oak and maple 16-18") yesterday, and the 20" did not burden the 5105 like you would expect. Although it would have been faster, he 371xp stayed on the truck.

spencerpaving

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I may have a video of someone who ran my 5105 with it. I'll have to go thru the files. My only comparison is with a 16" vs. the 20" narrow kerf, and the 16 is not too much faster. I just finished blocking up the last of the remaining firewood logs {oak and maple 16-18") yesterday, and the 20" did not burden the 5105 like you would expect. Although it would have been faster, he 371xp stayed on the truck.
I think I ran that saw...impressed the hell out of me...had to double check the size of it

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Few doors down from where we stayed.
Place was called "Rough & Ready".
The building has enormous historical value.
Was very glad they told us to come inside as we walked past on our way to breakfast.
We stayed at The Inn at Saratoga. There is some beautiful wood work in that building.

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I ran that saw...impressed the hell out of me...had to double check the size of it

Yes, I think it was you who cut some discs in the back by the woods. It really hustles with a 16" on it for bucking and limbing. I just got a new 18" Cannon on fleaBay, so I'll see how that runs. I should have someone port it after I'm done bucking in a week or two.

I checked the compression today after about 10 tanks since new, and it's only 165 psi cold. I've been taking it to the wood hard with a slimy mix, and I'd figure it would be up near 180 psi or so. Maybe I'm wrong and that's not realistic for that saw in stock configuration. Or maybe it needs some more whoopin'.

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Few doors down from where we stayed.
Place was called "Rough & Ready".
The building has enormous historical value.
Was very glad they told us to come inside as we walked past on our way to breakfast.

I'd be wary of people picking men off the street to come inside a joint called "Rough and Ready". Just sayin' dot dot dot. :abrazo:

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The NY GTG as defined. A place where common folks join together to enjoy an interest we
all have a passion for called chainsaws. Seems kinda nerdy but then masculine or maybe
somewhere in between. This year and last year will always be memorable for me. The first
two pic's are signs that were made from flat steel and cut out displaying Dolmars name and
vintage logo. The second is the vintage Mcculloch logo. Both made to perfection. I still to
this day have not figured if I want to leave them as is natural or paint them. So they stay
as is for now.

This sign came to me this year right after I arrived and was unloading my truck. The gentleman
handed me this hand craft masterpiece. Cut with a chainsaw and hand routed, painted the letters
and gave it the burn look then finish with a varnish of some type.

These gifts have left a solid spot in me forever. There craftsman ship and true generosity
is above and beyond. My shop is a total disaster and I made a pledge to myself that this
summer the shop is getting a good cleaning and reorganized. The signs will then have there
permanent place on the walls for display.
I won't name there names "they can if they wish" but want to give a Huge THANKS in open forum
and show these bad arse signs off.
Someday i hope i can return the favor to these fine gentleman.

Lee Harvey

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The NY GTG as defined. A place where common folks join together to enjoy an interest we
all have a passion for called chainsaws. Seems kinda nerdy but then masculine or maybe
somewhere in between. This year and last year will always be memorable for me. The first
two pic's are signs that were made from flat steel and cut out displaying Dolmars name and
vintage logo. The second is the vintage Mcculloch logo. Both made to perfection. I still to
this day have not figured if I want to leave them as is natural or paint them. So they stay
as is for now.

This sign came to me this year right after I arrived and was unloading my truck. The gentleman
handed me this hand craft masterpiece. Cut with a chainsaw and hand routed, painted the letters

These gifts have left a solid spot in me forever. There craftsman ship and true generosity
is above and beyond. My shop is a total disaster and I made a pledge to myself that this
summer the shop is getting a good cleaning and reorganized. The signs will then have there
I won't name there names "they can if they wish" but want to give a Huge THANKS in open forum

Lee Harvey
I ended up painting one of our Dolmar signs flat black. Always thought that that McC sign needs to be chromed!

I've got some stuff to send ya this week.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
as is for now.

Lee Harvey
I might know the guy that made those steel signs!

The Dolmar sign: make a salt slurry and paste it all over the sign. Then, wrap in plastic wrap.
Let time do its thing. Should impede the rusting process. I believe this sign should look "antique".

The Mac sign: one word.....CHROME

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I might know the guy that made those steel signs!

The Dolmar sign: make a salt slurry and paste it all over the sign. Then, wrap in plastic wrap.
Let time do its thing. Should impede the rusting process. I believe this sign should look "antique".

The Mac sign: one word.....CHROME

I had thought of the antique look for the Dolmar sign and I live next to salt water.
I could give it a dip here and a dip there and see how it looks each time. As for the
Mcculloch, well I guess the poles are in to get it chromed. It will go out with the
next pack of stuff for the Torino.