High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Turbosawmill First Job - PIC HEAVY

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
here she is sport's fans, the new beauty has arrived. Seen here working her first job of many with my trust old 090.

The build quality and engineering is something else, and well.. I'll shut up and let the pictures do the talking...

IMG_1555.JPG IMG_1556.JPG IMG_1557.JPG IMG_1558.JPG IMG_1560.JPG

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats a sweet set up! Whats actually doing the cutting a chain or blade?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see does it have to be a chainsaw to run it then ?

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see does it have to be a chainsaw to run it then ?

It does indeed, they do make models that use a Honda petrol engine but i know nothing about those and i know a whole lot about chainsaws. So if it goes pop i can have it up and running again in no time as opposed to a honda. Plus it makes the whole carriage a lot more portable

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool only reason I asked was something like that 090 would be a wall saw for me lol.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cool only reason I asked was something like that 090 would be a wall saw for me lol.

Coincidentally that saw is soon to be up for sale for that exact reason, it's too much of a beauty to work hard on this mill. I'd like to get a nice ms880 so that spares are readily available. I must admit the wind vane governor setup on the 090 is perfect for this application, leaving me safe in the knowledge that the saw is getting plenty of lubrication. But damn that 090 is a peach, on the 8" cuts it would slip the 6 shoe clutch before it bogged down, son's got some big cahones!

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Love the half cab Rover with the snorkel. Is the mill faster than bar and chain mill?
Thankyou, it's my pride and joy!! Oh I can't tell you how much faster and less physically draining it is, you literally just get hold of the handle and walk forwards. I can't recommend it enough!

Iron.and.bark

Eats trees & drinks dinosaur juice
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Nice!

This unit is one my to buy list for a little while. Lucas and Peterson's need more room to setup which I often don't have.

Did you order dirrect from nz or through local agent? (Could you pm me the price). Remember you saying this was custom built to get a larger cut. Instead of 6".

As for a saw, considered the modern day dinosaur efco 199 or olympic 999 what I am looking at pairing with one (well quick cut version anyway). Loads off torque should help give it enough to run a 4 tooth, though the usual rule is 2hp for each tooth on blade is required, and they don't make 8hp..

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice!

This unit is one my to buy list for a little while. Lucas and Peterson's need more room to setup which I often don't have.

Did you order dirrect from nz or through local agent? (Could you pm me the price). Remember you saying this was custom built to get a larger cut. Instead of 6".

As for a saw, considered the modern day dinosaur efco 199 or olympic 999 what I am looking at pairing with one (well quick cut version anyway). Loads off torque should help give it enough to run a 4 tooth, though the usual rule is 2hp for each tooth on blade is required, and they don't make 8hp..

It was an option they don't make unless you ask, i don't mind saying the price it was 7.5k and worth every penny. I'm currently building an oak framed barn with it that would have cost me 20k plus, currently its cost me nothing but time.

I'd recommend the biggest saw you can afford, torque is king. If not you may end up as disgruntled as the poster above

Iron.and.bark

Eats trees & drinks dinosaur juice
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It was an option they don't make unless you ask, i don't mind saying the price it was 7.5k and worth every penny. I'm currently building an oak framed barn with it that would have cost me 20k plus, currently its cost me nothing but time.

I'd recommend the biggest saw you can afford, torque is king. If not you may end up as disgruntled as the poster above

The saw suggestion was a considered alternative to an 880 that if available in the market in the uk would have a far superior filtration system. While at present only going from a considered examination of a cylinder that is Very similar to a dolmar 153. A saw which gives 20cc away to the 880, but produces more torque.

Perhaps also this mill would pair very well with an old solo rex too?

Either way appreciate you sharing :)

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The saw suggestion was a considered alternative to an 880 that if available in the market in the uk would have a far superior filtration system. While at present only going from a considered examination of a cylinder that is Very similar to a dolmar 153. A saw which gives 20cc away to the 880, but produces more torque.

Perhaps also this mill would pair very well with an old solo rex too?

Either way appreciate you sharing :)

Yes it'd probably do well then, although i believe they only make the pulley sprocket for standard range saws if you get me. They had to fabricate me one for the 090 which was essentially a sprocket with a pulley wheel welded on where the spurs should be