TS420 Parts needed

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We've got a Stihl TS420, & trying to decide the best path forward.

It needs:
1. Cylinder
2. Piston
3. Seals
4. Gasket Set
5. New lines

The Case will soon be split, & will determine if it's worth repairing based on the condition of the Crank.

Does anyone have the above itemS in useable condition they would part with?

Thank You.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will also need pulley from what I'm seeing.
Amongst other smalls.
But Heaths list will make a good start.

griffonks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
HL Supply new years sale...... buy new am ts420 chit. Usually used parts are trashed from sucking stone or concrete dust.

Don't forget the goofy bottom hose.... hi Jeremy, I been fishing.... Williams Fork river, Grand County Colorado. It's good dude, come on out...
39ac318c30e8d6ffb6b7fc9819b06c49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

griffonks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My memory, the hls stuff is the bottom end. Crank, Cross bearings, seal and gasket kit.

The top end came from Farmertec/Huztl. This chit runs and lasts as good as oem squeal.

My favorite chop saw is the 272k hooskie. All that short stroke torque with a 52mm top-end but I traded my last one off for a mint pre-mtronic ms362.

So I bought a 371K but it's in my pile at Jimmys in NC. Like $140 for a nice one with a good p&c plus crank. He picked it up from the ebayer for me.

Until I get to the east coast I'm stuck with a MAC 10-10 chop saw, a ts760 boat anchor and a couple ts420's in a box.

The ts-420's are good for selling.... $5 to $600 for a nice one with Chinese guts..

Adirondackstihl

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Problem with the one(s) I got here, someone else dismantled them.
So in reality, I have no g-damn clue what's missing, what goes where or how they came apart.
I will say, that what I have here in boxes has been riden hard and put away wet.

The parts list that Heath originally posted is what I KNOW needs to be replaced. That doesn't include all the little small stuff like fuel hoses,air filter(s), primer bulb, deco valve, carb kit or complete carburetor etc....

I notice in one of your pictures Bill, that there is a Cross bearing "kit" with 3 bearings. I have no clue where that 3rd bearing goes.

Lastly, a local member @rb440 recently rebuilt a 420 for a relative. He used mostly all AM parts and has had nothing but issues. As a matter of fact, I believe the saw is still not running correctly.

griffonks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Call me, or call Jimmy. He can do one in a couple hours. If it's beat you will have to do the crankcase.

That spare bearing is just a 6202c3.

HLS sent me an oh44 crank instead of a ts420, I just noticed when I pulled it out.

If that case and covers are beat it's likely not worth the effort.

I see huztl is not selling topends on fleabay now. Jimmy gets his Chinese parts from DD....

Adirondackstihl

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the builder case with builder crank.
I hope the threads are cleanable.IMG_9521.JPGIMG_9522.JPGIMG_9523.JPGIMG_9524.JPG