truck exhaust ( magnaflow)

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
been kicking the idea of puttng a little louder muffler on the truck. I dont want anything stupid loud but a nice little rumble be nice.
Its an 2011 sierra with 4.8
What do you guys run.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Magnaflow makes a nice system. I usually build my own from scrap from a local exhaust builder. Borola is my fav muffler but I usually end up with a stainless cheapo from work due to poor planning. Lol.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the Banks cat-back on my Tundra so much I also bought their header and cat-back for the Jeep.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a magnaflow 2 in 2 out on my suburban. K&n cold air intake and this exhaust did notice a difference towing.

Its not to loud and I replaced both tailpipes since I put on the muffler.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have Borola on my 06' cummins, it wasn't the cheapest but I really wanted something I could drive..... Yeah I'm getting old.... I looked and looked for a all SS exhaust with a SS muffler that wasn't too loud for comfortable driving.

My original muffler rotted off and I've watched Way too many people put cheap exhaust on every few years.. So I ponied.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My truck is too old, the only system I could find was from Walker. Used their SoundFX muffler. Sounds good at idle and not too loud on the road, good for an old guy like me. On its sixth year so far, knock on rust.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cherry bomb!! Lol. No really, I've been liking flow master lately. decent build quality and nice sound (to me). I'm still pretty young.
Yeah. Flow masters are a very young man's game. Lol. I'm not old yet but I love my burb not droning down the highway.

Some of the higher number series are a lot better. I have a 40 series clone on my fj80 and it's a little loud.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you go to the flow master web site they used to have sound clips of there different mufflers. IMO for a daily driver I'd like the 50 series

RocketRoss57

Taco Bell Aficionado
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah. Flow masters are a very young man's game. Lol. I'm not old yet but I love my burb not droning down the highway.

Some of the higher number series are a lot better. I have a 40 series clone on my fj80 and it's a little loud.

I also have a 40 on my 05 dodge 5.7l Hemi. It gets a little annoying on longer trips but for the most part I still like it.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Jones power pack aka turbine mufflers they are single chamber
here is my truck with a sound clip my truck has no catalytic converters on it either.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
anymore i like quiet i guess im getting old had my fun when i got my license first truck had true dual 3 inch straight pipes i could wake the dead with it.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
sounds nice everything in my area is straight piped or a diesel running straights.
im just tired of noise.
Yeah, that can get annoying. haha We have some loud diesels round here, but I will once in awhile join the competition with the big block. lol

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
having tinnitus doesn't help my problem anything straight piped intensify's my tinnitus

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, my '78 K-10 is running full length headers and 2-1/2" true duals with Cherry Bombs, dumping at 45 deg down turns just behind the rear axle... Old school snotty sound for sure ( I call that truck the Pissy-*b-word)... But probably not what you are looking for..

On a past truck I had, (an '01 Silverado) I bought a Flowmaster cat-back system with a 40 muffler. It sounded good and wasn't overpowering going down the road. Installation is a piece of cake (so long as you can get the y-pipe flange nuts loose on your stock system) but the drawback was short service life here in the salt belt... I think it was only 2 or 3 years before the first holes rotted through on the muffler and once that occurred it was only a few months and the rest of the system just went right to hell...

If you are in the salt belt I would recommend spending the coin on a stainless system if you want it to last more than 3 or 4 years.....