Tiller carb rebuild, help?

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Troy Bilt Pony rear tine tiller 5hp Briggs and Stratton. I ordered a carb rebuild kit. We are confused as to how to rebuild the carb fully. I got so much stuff in the kit, yet it seems so non-take apartable. Can anyone offer some knowledge and opinions please? Should I replace the fuel line thing? Can I get away with spray cleaner and just replacing the fuel pump diagraphm plus the spring under it?

Attachments

• IMG_8372.jpeg
    IMG_8372.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Troy Bilt Pony rear tine tiller 5hp Briggs and Stratton. I ordered a carb rebuild kit. We are confused as to how to rebuild the carb fully. I got so much stuff in the kit, yet it seems so non-take apartable. Can anyone offer some knowledge and opinions please? Should I replace the fuel line thing? Can I get away with spray cleaner and just replacing the fuel pump diagraphm plus the spring under it?

Brad Button

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would get your Model, Type, and code from the engine. Then do a Google search and find the Parts Diagram for that engine, in the parts diagram find the carburetor and look at the picture, it breaks down all the replaceable parts.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
3:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those were allways:
1. Carb cleaner and compressed air across the pickup screen

2. Carb cleaner and compressed air through every passage

3. Clean out tank while apart

4. New diaphragm

That one looks like it’s had water sitting in it and probably will have to be replaced if it’s acting up after the above steps

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those were allways:
1. Carb cleaner and compressed air across the pickup screen

2. Carb cleaner and compressed air through every passage

3. Clean out tank while apart

4. New diaphragm

That one looks like it’s had water sitting in it and probably will have to be replaced if it’s acting up after the above steps
I cleaned the tank. I'll spray clean it and only replace the diaphragm. I will also do compressed air. Thanks guys. If that don’t work maybe I’ll buy a new carb.