av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
7:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas, I scored this on the bay for $450 knowing it had a new coil but needed the flywheel to match. I found a flywheel (in Canada, due in the 20th) and this morning I started moving the flywheel on it around trying to get it running. I think I found the sweet spot on the 4th try. I have no idea how close it is to factory timing, my guess is that it’s advanced, but I don’t care. This rascal screams. 13000 rpm’s and it throws a trail of chips about 13 feet long. Wow, I’ve been running the 143’s , and loving them. But I never ran one of these until today. What a great saw. IMG_5318.jpegIMG_5317.jpegIMG_5319.jpegI won’t be in a hurry to install the flywheel when it arrives.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellas, I scored this on the bay for $450 knowing it had a new coil but needed the flywheel to match. I found a flywheel (in Canada, due in the 20th) and this morning I started moving the flywheel on it around trying to get it running. I think I found the sweet spot on the 4th try. I have no idea how close it is to factory timing, my guess is that it’s advanced, but I don’t care. This rascal screams. 13000 rpm’s and it throws a trail of chips about 13 feet long. Wow, I’ve been running the 143’s , and loving them. But I never ran one of these until today. What a great saw. View attachment 393287View attachment 393288View attachment 393289I won’t be in a hurry to install the flywheel when it arrives.
YOU SUCK!

That was a steal of a deal, congratulations! :beer-toast1:

Erm, I meant - those saws are crap, I'll relieve You of that junk...

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seeking non-cat muffler for an EA5000. Is this one the one I am after? #181-174-201 Not so much for performance gains, want to let the heat out.

Yes, that's the one.
The muffler you have can be gutted, but it's a little bit of work. Heat and undo the crimped edge, then drill out a couple of spot welds.
I've done quite a few, and I'm sure there's a thread on it here somewhere.

Here's one:

RCBS

Redneck Savant Extraordinaire
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, that's the one.
The muffler you have can be gutted, but it's a little bit of work. Heat and undo the crimped edge, then drill out a couple of spot welds.
I've done quite a few, and I'm sure there's a thread on it here somewhere.

Here's one:

Thank You.

I know I can gut the stocker, but this is just a bit easier for me and I have access to dealer pricing on Mak parts. Did same with a 7900. Just tossed a 6410 muff on there and put the original away. This one had me unsure as there is quite a bit of visual difference between the one that comes on it and the one without unecessary regulation.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found this NOS roller-nose bar for my CA I posted the previous page.
The imprint is etched and not printed. Its a bit delicate and doesn't like intensive
cleaning.
This is the type of bar the CA originally shipped with so its a perfect match for my saw.

rollenschiene_nos.jpg

RCBS

Redneck Savant Extraordinaire
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I desire Euro style spikes for the 7900. Can anyone recommend a dealer there who will ship me what I want for a reasonable price?

Thank You

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I desire Euro style spikes for the 7900. Can anyone recommend a dealer there who will ship me what I want for a reasonable price?

Thank You
Anyone in Europe can get and ship the spikes.

Define reasonable!
Nothing chainsaw related is priced reasonable, lest OEM parts for a discontinued brand.

038250021 - inner spike
957250060 - outer spike

They are about 11€ each, plus shipping.