Country flag

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those sticks look like they have been sitting for a couple of years already. Hard!!!

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those sticks look like they have been sitting for s couple of years already. Hard!!!
It's mostly beech, if it had sat for years in the open on the ground it would be punky and rotten. ;)

Beech will look like that within a couple months, the logs still have plenty of moist and once bucked and split the wood will still need seasoning till winter.
Those are oddball sized pieces and uncommon wood species nobody wanted, I mostly like them - neighbor will give me a special price for this load. :)

I have a standing order for a truckload of large sized turkey oak, there just ain't any available right now so I placed an additional order asking for a mix of beech and oak.
I think I got a fairly good firewood pile. :D

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something seems to be missing from the pic Wilhelm ?
Yep, a couple things are!
Sachs-Dolmar 105, Sachs-Dolmar 108, Dolmar PS-6400, Dolmar PS-7300 and Dolmar PS-7900 did not come out for the photo shoot.

It was too hot at 40℃ to get them all off the shelf and stack 'em on the logs in the scorching sun.
But no worries, I will get a couple pictures with the entire family soon. :)

My new XS5000 is residing at Sondre's place till we figure out an acceptable shipping option. ;)

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yep, a couple things are!
Sachs-Dolmar 105, Sachs-Dolmar 108, Dolmar PS-6400, Dolmar PS-7300 and Dolmar PS-7900 did not come out for the photo shoot.

It was too hot at 40℃ to get them all off the shelf and stack 'em on the logs in the scorching sun.
But no worries, I will get a couple pictures with the entire family soon. :)

My new XS5000 is residing at Sondre's place till we figure out an acceptable shipping option. ;)
It was the last one on the list I was talking about ...figured it was ether stuck in customs or on its way still. Shipping around the world is not as straight forward as it should be. Its why I don't sell or buy on OPE.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was the last one on the list I was talking about ...figured it was ether stuck in customs or on its way still. Shipping around the world is not as straight forward as it should be. Its why I don't sell or buy on OPE.
I thought You might have meant the Makita XS5000.:)

This saw came to happen due to special circumstances, otherwise I would not have considered purchasing a saw from the US.
This Makita EA5000 was purchased new at the NY GTG by Sondre and sent to Kevin for some sausage stuffing.
She is back at Sondre's place awaiting shipping.
I gave Sondre the green light to try her out as he just started processing his firewood.

Shipping FROM the US to Europe is 2-3 times more expensive than shipping the same content TO the US - it certainly kills all the fun of getting stuff from over the pond. :(
Shipping within Europe is mostly reasonable, I got one saw from Dan/Greece and two saws from Andrew/UK - everything went smooth. I also get all my Dolmar parts from Germany, it beats messing with Makita Croatia since they don't seem to keep anything in stock and order from Germany themselves.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I thought You might have meant the Makita XS5000.:)

This saw came to happen due to special circumstances, otherwise I would not have considered purchasing a saw from the US.
This Makita EA5000 was purchased new at the NY GTG by Sondre and sent to Kevin for some sausage stuffing.
She is back at Sondre's place awaiting shipping.
I gave Sondre the green light to try her out as he just started processing his firewood.

Shipping FROM the US to Europe is 2-3 times more expensive than shipping the same content TO the US - it certainly kills all the fun of getting stuff from over the pond. :(
Shipping within Europe is mostly reasonable, I got one saw from Dan/Greece and two saws from Andrew/UK - everything went smooth. I also get all my Dolmar parts from Germany, it beats messing with Makita Croatia since they don't seem to keep anything in stock and order from Germany themselves.
Things tend to get held up clearing Customs this end all to often Wilhelm ...Andrew has this "Head Ache" far to much .
Its unclear to me if there will be import charges to add on top of all the agro !! so I just keep out of it.
Shame, as there are parts and saws that could have gone to some folks that were asking if anyone could help. Sent a cylinder to Norway once ..that cost a fortune plus the declaration of what was in the box was detailed.
There is a good reason for Stihl -Husq-echo-Makita----etc for having a USA devision along with the economy of scale.
Germany to UK is very good due to DHL international ... Dolmar saws often come to me within 3 days.
Hey...at least your not short of a saw for that new pile !:D

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Things tend to get held up clearing Customs this end all to often Wilhelm ...Andrew has this "Head Ache" far to much .
Its unclear to me if there will be import charges to add on top of all the agro !! so I just keep out of it.
Shame, as there are parts and saws that could have gone to some folks that were asking if anyone could help. Sent a cylinder to Norway once ..that cost a fortune plus the declaration of what was in the box was detailed.
There is a good reason for Stihl -Husq-echo-Makita----etc for having a USA devision along with the economy of scale.
Germany to UK is very good due to DHL international ... Dolmar saws often come to me within 3 days.
Hey...at least your not short of a saw for that new pile !:D
I hear You on import charges and customs clearance - packages over 2kg usually get stuck in customs on my end too. :(

I like DHL shipping from Germany , packages mostly get delivered to my doorstep unless the Croatian post office is slacking. :mad:

I think I will somehow manage to get by with the saws I have. ;)

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Figures! Soon as I get the bar and chain ordered a fellow OPE member decides to make me a deal on the 5105 and all parts. He seems pretty stoked to get them and I'm happy to oblige.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like the 5105 is staying with me, I turned the other member onto a good deal for a new one on Fleabay. New bar and chain should get here today, looking forward to trying them out.

In other news, the Dolmar USA website has finally bitten the dust. Not surprising by any means, but still sad to see it go. I don't think I'll ever develop any interest in Makita branded saws. Since the Dolmar brand went extinct, I can see Makita quietly making a slide over to China (or another cheap country) production, which they already do for some of the line. This also means that some of the line will probably be completely unrelated to Dolmar other than the Makita branding. We already see this with the Efco 5100 and 5600, China made Zenoah clones which are only related to Emak/Oleo-Mac/Efco by brand name.