High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok, need you experts again. Was playing with the 9010 tonight and since I have OCD about cleaning a Saw after use I noticed a fair amount, to me, of fines getting past the air filter. My solution until I here from the experts was to work some grease into the groove on the bottom of the filter where it seats on the air filter housing above the carb. Any other solutions? Thanks.
To start with. Be sure the way that the carb clamping assembly is put together is as it is in this IPL ...I have seen this put together wrongly. Also look the filter over for any damage ..sometimes not visible at first glance.

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 08.49.23.png

Last edited:

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To start with. Be sure the way that the carb clamping assembly is put together is as it is in this IPL ...I have seen this put together wrongly. Also look the filter over for any damage ..sometimes not visible at first glance.

View attachment 191769
It’s assembled correctly. Maybe it wasn’t very tight from factory. No damage to filter.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It’s assembled correctly. Maybe it wasn’t very tight from factory. No damage to filter.
The filter itself seems not to be a week point from my experience with saws Iv had dealings with in the UK.
The metal plate with its turn up rim that sits into the filter seems to work well causing a difficult path for fines to git inside .
I cannot tell if what you are getting inside is a little , moderate or a lot of fines for the time the saw runs between filter cleans and to some degree it may come down to personal perception if the filter is functioning as per normal. This picture shows how the fines seem to get stopped by the mounting plate and "mostly" not make it into the inside. This saw came to me from milling so there will be "Dusty" chip off the chain and it seemed to be ok . No harm in cleaning a filter .."often" .. as good practice IMO...so you are already on top of your maintenance .

Photo1235.jpg

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The filter itself seems not to be a week point from my experience with saws Iv had dealings with in the UK.
The metal plate with its turn up rim that sits into the filter seems to work well causing a difficult path for fines to git inside .
I cannot tell if what you are getting inside is a little , moderate or a lot of fines for the time the saw runs between filter cleans and to some degree it may come down to personal perception if the filter is functioning as per normal. This picture shows how the fines seem to get stopped by the mounting plate and "mostly" not make it into the inside. This saw came to me from milling so there will be "Dusty" chip off the chain and it seemed to be ok . No harm in cleaning a filter .."often" .. as good practice IMO...so you are already on top of your maintenance .

View attachment 191810
Thanks. Pic helped. Now that I looked at the pic most of the fines were trapped against the metal lip, meaning they hadn’t gone up the lip to the filter then back down the filter to the carb. I just saw the fines, not paying attention to where they were located. Since I’m paranoid I’ll probably still use grease for peace of mind. Thank you.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks. Pic helped. Now that I looked at the pic most of the fines were trapped against the metal lip, meaning they hadn’t gone up the lip to the filter then back down the filter to the carb. I just saw the fines, not paying attention to where they were located. Since I’m paranoid I’ll probably still use grease for peace of mind. Thank you.
:) Glad to be of some help. Chances you do this anyhow..but, I always split the filter and then use raw fuel to wash the 2 parts then blow it from the inside out to clean and dry .

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just one other thing ...you keep the pre filter clean as well ? ..(chances you do)
Prt No 160.

View attachment 191892
I ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, I pulled the cover and don’t see a pre-filter on mine!!! I also posted a vid of my 9010 that @Miller Mod Saws did for me. I love it, thanks Carl. Still first tank of fuel so still dialing it in. Can’t wait until it’s broke in.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, I pulled the cover and don’t see a pre-filter on mine!!! I also posted a vid of my 9010 that @Miller Mod Saws did for me. I love it, thanks Carl. Still first tank of fuel so still dialing it in. Can’t wait until it’s broke in.
Im sure it should have one from factory. Dolmar prt----024 173 081.
The number may have changed to a Makita number in the US but i still found it listed on the above number.

Last edited: