heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make sure you check the position of the spark plug angle. Your saw is the newer angled type. The chainsaw version had the plug straight out the rear.

Scott

As far as I know, the spark angle was always the same with the 123 Sachs-Dolmar saws,
that is straight pointing back to the rear. Maybe I'm wrong, but looking for a cylinder
with slanted spark plug angle like in your pics will be a tough job. Good luck!

Thanks Guys for your good information. I will try to tear this one down in the coming week and see just what it may need. Hopefully the cylinder will be O.K. and all I will need to find are rings or perhaps a piston kit.

A few weeks ago the same guy dropped off a Hybrid two stroke air compressor that was also a 12v power supply unit. I didn't get many photos but it was a unique unit, two cylinder opposed with one firing and the other making the air compressor. Some extra windings under the flywheel and extra magnets in the flywheel make the power supply. Part or all of it was manufactured in England.

Mark

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Guys for your good information. I will try to tear this one down in the coming week and see just what it may need. Hopefully the cylinder will be O.K. and all I will need to find are rings or perhaps a piston kit.

A few weeks ago the same guy dropped off a Hybrid two stroke air compressor that was also a 12v power supply unit. I didn't get many photos but it was a unique unit, two cylinder opposed with one firing and the other making the air compressor. Some extra windings under the flywheel and extra magnets in the flywheel make the power supply. Part or all of it was manufactured in England.

Mark

That sounds interesting Mark , hopefully some photos up on site soon

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These days I managed to close a wide yawning gap in my tiny collection:
Sachs-Dolmar 105 'Black & White' in remarkable good shape for a remarkable
good price:

View attachment 159420

View attachment 159421

In case you don't know - There were 4 models produced as 'Black & White' special edition saws late 1985 for about 4 months:
Sachs-Dolmar 105
Sachs-Dolmar 108
Sachs-Dolmar 110 - the only Sachs-Dolmar saw with white plastic parts
Sachs-Dolmar 112.

The latter three I already had on my shelves, the 105 missing until now.

@Wilhelm will like this one
Lovely Sachs-Dolmar 105 wub.gif

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok Dolkita experts. I just picked up a new 6421, anybody know where I could pick up a red engine cowl and red air filter cover? Seen a few pics of the European models with the red tops, love that look. Thanks.