The official OPE daycare thread

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
1:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to know. I do want a tracked skid steer one day. Been thinking Takeuchi or Bobcat.
Bobcats are good machines too. Probably the easiest to get parts for. Some guys had problems with the early tier4 Doosan diesels. Heard it's been resolved.
Older bobcats ran Kubota diesels. Newer Takeuchi have Kubota diesels. Mine is a Yanmar diesel and doesn't have any of that emissions gobbly gook. It runs on #2,diesel or #2heating oil....whatever's cheaper.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bobcats are good machines too. Probably the easiest to get parts for. Some guys had problems with the early tier4 Doosan diesels. Heard it's been resolved.
Older bobcats ran Kubota diesels. Newer Takeuchi have Kubota diesels. Mine is a Yanmar diesel and doesn't have any of that emissions gobbly gook. It runs on #2,diesel or #2heating oil....whatever's cheaper.
Good to know. Thanks.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
3:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spent another day in the CAT 299D3 today and I absolutely love the joystick controls. It’s so easy to control. We are digging in a pipe here for a diversion dam upgrade. I had just shaved 2/10ths off the floor with the Cat when I snapped this pic IMG_9305.jpeg

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Taks are good workhorses...Not as refined and comfortable as the Cats....but their solid, durable and usually quite a bit cheaper. Some of the 90s early 2000s Gehl and Mustang CTLs were rebadge/painted Takeuchi.
The first Deere skid loaders were Gehl. They then stop selling them after getting there ass kicked. I cannot remember the year when they regrouped and started selling their own.

1715997739353.png

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening folks. We’ve been selling stuff at our yard sale. Today I bought a good running Briggs and Stratton 17 hp single cylinder motor today to replace the blown 12hp in a Simplicty lawn/garden tractor that I got for free for only $10. I will resell the mower after the engine swap. I am super confused about the spark plug and its boot on my dirt bike.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening folks. We’ve been selling stuff at our yard sale. Today I bought a good running Briggs and Stratton 17 hp single cylinder motor today to replace the blown 12hp in a Simplicty lawn/garden tractor that I got for free for only $10. I will resell the mower after the engine swap. I am super confused about the spark plug and its boot on my dirt bike.
Good deal on the 17 horse engine. 👍 What's the spark plug boot confusion about specifically? Have a pic of it?

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good deal on the 17 horse engine. 👍 What's the spark plug boot confusion about specifically? Have a pic of it?
I bought a 70cc clone dirt bike the other day. I went to test for spark, the spark plug in it is a Autolite that looks new, the boot pulled off like normal, I tried putting the plug in the boot after removing it from the motor, but it was loose, tried putting on a cap and that made it too big, so I really don’t know what my problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8364.jpeg
    IMG_8364.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8365.jpeg
    IMG_8365.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Lnk

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a 70cc clone dirt bike the other day. I went to test for spark, the spark plug in it is a Autolite that looks new, the boot pulled off like normal, I tried putting the plug in the boot after removing it from the motor, but it was loose, tried putting on a cap and that made it too big, so I really don’t know what my problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah. I see what you're saying.
Plugged boots are designed for one or the other (threaded terminal or cap on terminal)
Wondering if you have the right plug? Maybe someone previously tried putting the wrong one in and wallowed out the connection?

If it's the style of boot that threads onto the plug wire you might see if you can find another oner one on a parts engine??

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah. I see what you're saying.
Plugged boots are designed for one or the other (threaded terminal or cap on terminal)
Wondering if you have the right plug? Maybe someone previously tried putting the wrong one in and wallowed out the connection?

If it's the style of boot that threads onto the plug wire you might see if you can find another oner one on a parts engine??
Ok, thanks. I will have to look up what plug is supposed to be in the motor as it is possible that the previous owner put the wrong one in. I don’t even know what brand this bike is tho so idk how to find such info. I’ve been doing lots of research, it looks like them Tao youth dirt bikes. Also looks to be a clone of a Honda. If I have to I’ll buy a new boot or whole ignition coil.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The new motor is too expensive for me. I’ll buy that spark plug from the auto parts store this week. Thanks Bill.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
got the simplicty engine swap running good today, just gotta splice 2 wires so it shuts off with the key and get a longer throttle cable and maybe I need a tighter drive belt
I hope you get all the Simplicity parts you need now before Stihl drives them totally out of business.