Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So somebody stored their leftover concrete in the fuel tank?o_O

I usually store some stink bugs in mine and then send them to you:). I remember you thought it was funny showing you saws and would have mufflers plugged for storage. Fired one oldie up couple days back to do some cutting and blew several stink bugs out of the cooling fins. They didn't look happy landing in the snow.

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Bigmac , nice paint work. I have a few autos that could use your chainsaw body shop. Oregon be a tad far to send them though:thumbup:

Ppavolko

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought some VHT wrinkle paint as it is all i could find with a wrinkle finish. Sanded, degreased, primed and painted and some parts wrinkled but most didnt. I am going to sandblast the parts again and try that again if not i will give the rock guard a go.

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What does the VHT brand stand for?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought some VHT wrinkle paint as it is all i could find with a wrinkle finish. Sanded, degreased, primed and painted and some parts wrinkled but most didnt. I am going to sandblast the parts again and try that again if not i will give the rock guard a go.

Go to lowes and get a can of the rustolem krinkle. Trust me. It is the perfect match!:)

Ppavolko

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will recheck lowes but last time i was there, they didnt have any.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW Rust-Oleum makes a black grill paint in wrinkle also .I can't remember if it is flat or gloss finish .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Often times trying to match a paint color becomes a chore .I figured the Macs out.It's OSHA safety yellow and gloss black .The 2100 S Homelite in the avatar not so .It's supposed to be "orange flambeau " perhaps flaming orange in French or something ? Well it isn't Allis Chalmers orange,it isn't JI Case orange and it isn't Husqvarna orange .I gave up and painted it Farmall red and called it a day .

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As long a a guy is happy with the color, that’s what matters! There is 3-4 different Mac yellows, the early macs are a lighter yellow than the latter ones and some variations in between. I have purchased several different Mac parts nos in the package and seen 3+ completely Different yellows and 2 different black textures, one crinkle and one textured, my theory on the black texture paint, was they were factory blems, all of the texture black has had casting flaw and scratches under the paint, may just be a coincidence, but I think McCulloch was covering up blems!

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive got examples of all 3 shades of Mac yellow on some of my saws. Gonna have to do a little parts swapping to get them all to match.:)

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Big Mac, which Allis Chalmmers orange were you trying? Theres Persian orange #1, Persian orange #2, and Corporate orange. Even they had 3 different shades. Started out light, and got darker as they went along. Drives the "correct police" crazy when you have a 1946 C thats painted corporate orange. ;):p

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Big Mac, which Allis Chalmmers orange were you trying? Theres Persian orange #1, Persian orange #2, and Corporate orange. Even they had 3 different shades. Started out light, and got darker as they went along. Drives the "correct police" crazy when you have a 1946 C thats painted corporate orange. ;):p
I matched to a nos lower handle I had, it’s kinda the lighter shade, it is in the Napa color wheel 94951D07EBEB3-EDCE-4FA0-94A1-C198F13583CB.jpeg

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd have to agree on trying to color match .I inherited the 1938 AC model B my father had which I restored and rebuilt when I was 16 years old in farm shop in HS .Dad bought the paint and decals at an AC dealer when there were AC dealers . 1963-64 and it still looks good .Runs good too .
However within the past two years I did some touch up work on my 2008 Mercury and the color was a perfect match but the car had very seldom sat outside to fade the paint which makes a difference .Geeze one little can plus the primer and clear coat I had about 60 bucks in .Which maybe is a little costly but a better option than letting a paint blemish go to create eventually a rust hole .

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Too bad that isnt a 37 B Al. Those are worth a little bit if they still have the brass tag and the Waukesha engine.
I know yours is priceless because of whose it was.

My 46 C was already painted(with a brush apparently) when I got it. My grandads 50 C has no paint left. It stayed outside. Still runs good. Has the original green canvas seat cover. He always put the seat on the covered porch when he wasnt on it.
If I ever get around to redoing it, I'll go with the right paint.
I like seeing the Macs restored, but I try to use all of mine. I like keeping them in the "work clothes" as long as they are working. The scars tell a story too.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The old B I used to plow peoples gardens with and did okay as a teenager .Semi mount 14" plow and as tiny as it was I could get into some tight spaces even an 8N ford wouldn't fit .
The poor old thing was tired,broken rings in two cylinders and the impulse spring broken on the magneto made it hard to start (hand crank )
When I got through with it that thing could plow in third gear and just throw dirt and it still will and pull the front off the ground in tough sod .It was over twenty years since I've used it and that was to break sod for a half acre where I built my shop .That sod was so tough it would stop the blade of a D4 Cat from cutting through it .I have no doubt it will start even after all this time .BTW my dad gave 75 bucks for that thing with the plow,cultivators,hay rake,McCormick horse drawn mower and 6 foot disc.At the time I was 10 years old . I've got all of that except the mower,one of the drive wheels from the rake is a top on one of my patio tables .